Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I hope Melania Trump is healthy. I hope she EXPANDS her anti-bullying campaign. WHEN will she call her husband out as a BULLY?

I hope Melania Trump is healthy. I hope she EXPANDS her anti-bullying campaign. WHEN will she call her husband out as a BULLY?

Posted - June 9, 2018

Responses

Bullying implies that it's an unfair fight. It implies the powerful are abusing their power to victimise the weak.

Trump has never bullied anyone. Everyone who he has been in conflict chose to enter the political arena and fights with him on equal terms.

June 9, 2018 12:51 PM MDT

bullying---use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

Do you think that a fight between a man and a shark is fair because it is just as wet for the shark?
      June 9, 2018 4:02 PM MDT

That's a poor definition. It's not bullying to simply win a fight because you are stronger. Bullying is not just the exercise of power. It's the UNFAIR exercise of power. The left's obsession with equality makes them feel that inequalities of power are intrinsically unfair. They aren't. The left has a tendency to hate winners and sympathise with losers on principle. When a boxer gets in the ring and kicks a lesser opponent's ass, he's wasn't a bully. The opponent chose to step into the ring. The fight was fair. Might doesn't make right, but might doesn't make wrong either.

Besides, a president doesn't have superior strength or influence in debate. A U.S. president is not a dictator, his powers are limited. Are his opponents beaten to sh*t?  Did some CIA black squad show up in the night and murder them in their sleep? No. America is a free nation of laws and people can attack Trump without direct consequences. 

Even when Trump attacks / fires someone who works for him (i.e. a situation in which he does have power over the person), it's still not bullying. The person chose to work for Trump and in politics that pledges loyalty. Breaking that pledge of loyalty rightfully deserves consequences.

There is nothing unfair about a shark eating a human. It's just nature playing out. The shark wishes to eat so it can live. The man wishes to escape or kill the shark so he can live. It's just a conflict of interest.

June 10, 2018 2:20 AM MDT

:):):) LOVE this response
      June 10, 2018 3:16 AM MDT