Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Judge not lest ye be not judged"! Good luck with that! Do YOU buy it or are you a judger extraordinaire? Is that fair?

"Judge not lest ye be not judged"! Good luck with that! Do YOU buy it or are you a judger extraordinaire? Is that fair?

Posted - June 10, 2018

Responses

Well we need to make judgments ourselves to get through life well and sometimes even to survive.  Which are personal and where we go wrong is when we start trying to force our judgments on others who may have made other judgments. 
      June 10, 2018 10:06 AM MDT

You will be judged the same way you judged others. 

Yes, God is always fair.  
      June 10, 2018 12:42 PM MDT

Its not my responsibility to judge anyone. I leave that up to my higher power, and Karma.
      June 10, 2018 1:19 PM MDT

This scripture is NOT saying we can't judge.  In fact, there are many other scriptures that tell us TO  judge.  The problem is that people love to quote the first part of what Jesus said, but ignore the rest of it.  The FULL scripture reads,  "Judge not, that ye be not judged.  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."  In other words, the standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged (by others).  Jesus is telling us to be careful HOW  we judge others, because they're going to judge us in like manner.   If we aren't judgemental of others then they won't be so judgemental of us.  

Of course I'm guilty of judging others!  Name me one person who isn't.  Oh, some may claim they dont judge, but they really do.  We ALL judge other people.  We like to hold others to OUR standards of right and wrong (you shouldn't do such-and-such, or you're supposed to do such-and-such - because I SAID SO).   It's the "I said so" that's the problem.  
      June 10, 2018 5:34 PM MDT

There are many types of judging. Judging a person's actions is a completely different thing from judging their soul.

This quote is one of the most misused parts of the bible that people use to self justify sinful behaviour and silence criticism. The real meaning of the quote is cautioning against hypocrisy, not saying we shouldn't voice opinions about what is moral and what isn't.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at June 11, 2018 3:13 AM MDT
      June 11, 2018 3:08 AM MDT