Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Is gravity not a force but a flow of space/time toward and around whatever object is dense enough to bend it?

Is gravity not a force but a flow of space/time toward and around whatever object is dense enough to bend it?

Our space seeks to fill all other space even subatomic space. It expands and exerts pressure we perceive as the force of gravity.

Posted - June 10, 2018

Responses

Gravity is the weakest of the four forces in our universe. The bending of spacetime occurs when an object sits on the cosmic landscape we know as space. The denser the object, the more spacetime bends and the stronger the gravitational field is. Its like putting a bowling ball on a mattress and the dent the bowling ball makes, pulls anything else in its event horizon, for example, a marble near the bowling ball on the mattress. Unlike popular belief, gravity is not responsible for objects hitting our earths surface, everything headed toward earth is in free fall, just like the earth itself.
      June 10, 2018 2:08 PM MDT

Nice job Einstein.
      June 10, 2018 4:06 PM MDT

Thank you. Seems i havent lost my touch. ;)
      June 10, 2018 4:08 PM MDT

So, put the sun on the mattress and tell me why the planets don't hit the sun's surface.
      June 10, 2018 5:33 PM MDT

So what holds things against the mattress? The eye assumes gravity does that, but gravity is what you were trying to explain. So that is not only a circular definition, but it also introduces a flood of new unknown forces to account for.
      June 11, 2018 10:50 AM MDT

What is this space-time of which you speak? Have you observed something? If not then you are speculating.
      June 10, 2018 5:16 PM MDT