Active Now

DannyPetti
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What is the most likely thing to happen to your keys if you lose them at any random place on a city sidewalk these days?

What is the most likely thing to happen to your keys if you lose them at any random place on a city sidewalk these days?

So to say, 3 cheap key chains looped with 4 keys attached? I went everywhere, even in front of the McDonalds I think I lost them in front of?

Posted - June 14, 2018

Responses

• You could try the nearest police station.
    Unfortunately, there's a chance that they might have dropped down a drain.

I had an awful debacle with keys last year.
    The only mobile locksmith lived two hours away. When he arrived, it turned out my vehicle was a fluke model; he had to spend $1,200 to buy the key programme for that single year.
    I watched him pull out the panels of the doors and the dashboard to access the car's computer and the locks. It took him three hours.

The next day someone rang. They'd found my keys with the phone number on them.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 15, 2018 10:54 AM MDT
      June 14, 2018 6:33 PM MDT

That was a bummer, if you don't mid sharing, how much did the locksmith end up charging you for his work? Might be a good idea in future not to put your own phone number on keys as it is possible to find addresses from numbers, better to use a well trusted friend's number and they use yours.
      June 14, 2018 8:19 PM MDT

While not involving keys, this does throw up some interesting data on lost/found.
      June 14, 2018 8:14 PM MDT

I have actually seen that happen. Someone laid his keys down at a bus stop. Another guy picked them up, looked them over, showed them to me, shrugged and started to put them in his case. He knew they were important to somebody, so he didn't want to leave them just lying there. I told him to leave them there because the owner would come back looking for them, and they were worthless to anybody else.
      June 15, 2018 12:53 AM MDT