Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Can someone remind me why we did away with the "dislike" option?

Can someone remind me why we did away with the "dislike" option?

;(

Posted - June 18, 2018

Responses

"Did away with" implies it was once here. It was not. I'm not a fan of negativity. 
      June 19, 2018 12:45 AM MDT

The unlike button is still there. but it only appear when you have pressed the like button
      June 19, 2018 2:34 AM MDT

I don't tolerate up/down vote options. It ALWAYS gets used as a "DISAGREE" button. At reddit.com your posting privileges are cut if you get more downs than ups, so I stopped going there. I got into a Christian subgroup and every time I posted a verse from the bible I got a bunch of downvotes so I couldn't post in any other groups. That is just bonkers. It guarantees that only drivel gets posted.
      June 19, 2018 2:56 AM MDT

We never had it here but I would like to have it or at least have more of a point system.  The only want to dislike something is to like it, then unlike it.  I have a big thumbs down image that I post when I really dislike something.  That is not very often.  
      June 20, 2018 2:53 AM MDT

"I have a big thumbs down image"

That's wonderful. Disagreement is fine as long as a person has to actually post something. A button is just not good enough.
      June 20, 2018 4:48 AM MDT