Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » An Answermugger wonders WHY she nevers hears of the #METOO movement vis a vis poor men. Would YOU care about a nameless joe?

An Answermugger wonders WHY she nevers hears of the #METOO movement vis a vis poor men. Would YOU care about a nameless joe?

Would you really care one way or the other and tune in to watch a McDonald's burger flipper when you can see/hear all about King RAT the dic(tator) and Stormy Daniels? Seriously?

Posted - June 20, 2018

Responses

Is it all about the money? (For some) This post was edited by my2cents at June 20, 2018 8:29 AM MDT
      June 20, 2018 7:50 AM MDT

And that is exactly it in a nutshell.  Link your name to a celebrity and you can get some play. Some publicity. Maybe you can get noticed, maybe people will give you some sympathy, maybe you can make out in a legal action.  While poor Joe the burger flipper gets away with it because he is nobody and no one wants to hear about him. Which when you think about it is really a slight to him as well.

Look - sexual abuse is a part of life for most of us and will always be. This "metoo" is just so laughable to me like people are just now discovering what we were talking about and discussing 35 years ago.  What is really important is that we learn how to handle it which I have been talking about on the net since 2009. Not how many celebs we can make capital for ourselves on.  Just so weird to me how many women think they somehow don't exist without a man they are willing to go public about a very private and unpleasant matter just to prove they were desirable enough that someone famous had sex with them.  Isn't that kind of desperate? 
      June 20, 2018 7:58 AM MDT