Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » As a parent is it better to date another parent or someone with no children?

As a parent is it better to date another parent or someone with no children?

I originally thought that because I have a child I should date women who have kids because we would understand each other and we could relate about not having much time to date.
The more I think about it though, maybe it's smarter to date women who have no children.
That way if I'm available to do something then chances are that she is too.
Is it just a constant struggle for single people with kids to find time for each other?

What do you prefer?

Posted - June 21, 2018

Responses

Someone with no children.  Should you fall in love it will be better for your children not to be forced into an unnatural sibling situation.  Avoid that!!
      June 21, 2018 9:16 AM MDT

Thank you.

June 21, 2018 9:58 AM MDT

I would say the parenting situation doesn't matter as much as the woman. I've dated men or considered dating men with no kids, those with grown kids, and those with kids about the same age as mine. My kids didn't meet them all. Most never made the cut. What mattered to me most was whether the person appeared to have a sincere desire to be present and if they had realistic expectations. I personally found that most often with men who had kids close in age to mine. 
      June 21, 2018 2:31 PM MDT

Thanks for your input as well.
      June 21, 2018 5:04 PM MDT

Just go for a person you really connect with.
      June 21, 2018 8:47 PM MDT

That's probably right.
    If the relationship was amazing we could probably make everything else work.
      June 21, 2018 10:49 PM MDT