Active Now

Randy D
Zack
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Generally, to whom would this statement be a more appropriate warning, men who are engaged to women, or women who are engaged to men?

Generally, to whom would this statement be a more appropriate warning, men who are engaged to women, or women who are engaged to men?

"Your life will never be as good or as happy as it's ever been before, and you will look back with deep regret that you ever planned to get married."

~

Posted - July 4, 2018

Responses

Men. The three things men give up when they get married: Sex, happiness and the will to live.
      July 4, 2018 9:23 AM MDT

Q: Why is it that most married men die before their wives do?

A:  Because they want to. Some of them even beg to.

~
      July 4, 2018 10:51 AM MDT

LOL
      July 4, 2018 11:33 AM MDT

It applies equally as many people don't understand what marriage really is.
      July 4, 2018 12:18 PM MDT

•               "I have no idea."

July 4, 2018 12:58 PM MDT

Usually not appropriate at all but isn't that something many men feel they should tell each other?
      July 4, 2018 2:40 PM MDT

Either, or. Marriage can be bad for either party. However, if we're looking for scientific lit, it would be women it most applies to. Research shows married men are actually happier and healthier than their single counterparts. They live longer too. Oh, and they're wealthier and have better sex

Of course, if certain people want to continue their women-bashing narratives despite the science, psychology, and facts, by all means, carry on. 

(I'm not going to name names here, but that last part was mostly directed at someone who's name rhymes with Schmelement 99. Hey, if it makes you feel some vindication, men in stressful marriages are 34% more likely to have a heart attack, so you may well have that going for you. <3)
      July 4, 2018 2:56 PM MDT

I don't know who this Schmelement guy is supposed to be, but whoever he is, I side with him. 

~
      July 4, 2018 3:11 PM MDT

May your heart attacks be quick and painless. 
      July 4, 2018 3:12 PM MDT

Which person get the laundry done for them, their meals prepared and their house cleaned by a spouse who also brings in a paycheck and bears their children? The other one needs the warning. This post was edited by Jane S at July 4, 2018 8:29 PM MDT
      July 4, 2018 7:18 PM MDT