Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is there any meaning behind it when multiple people from your "old life" contact you at once?

Is there any meaning behind it when multiple people from your "old life" contact you at once?

Starting a couple months back, I began getting messages from a number of former coworkers, old friends, and ex-boyfriends. Some of them are good people I was excited to reconnect with- just people who had faded away because we had different paths, but the most recent one was an ex I haven't talked to in almost 20 years. It ended bad. Really, really bad. To the point where I tossed my phone when I saw who had messaged, and didn't even bother looking at it to see what he wanted. No good can come of that. *shudders*

Anyway, he's about the eighth one (again, not just ex-boyfriends, but also friends) to reemerge in a matter of months- all have been absent from my life for many years. I occasionally run into people I haven't seen in a while, but not a deluge like this and not them intentionally seeking me out and contacting me.

At first, I just thought it was odd. Now, I'm kind of wondering why so many. I haven't really changed anything. I don't know if I've just hit that point in my life where people start looking me up (is there an age for that?) or if the universe is up to something. 

Does this happen to you guys?
Any logical reason for it to happen?

O_o

Posted - July 5, 2018

Responses

Coincidence maybe.
      July 5, 2018 3:35 PM MDT

Probably someone with your same name just won a big lottery jackpot.
      July 5, 2018 3:48 PM MDT

HaHaHa..good one. 
      July 5, 2018 3:55 PM MDT

I don't recall that ever happening. It would make me wonder about forces in the universe, too. 

Try not to let your ego get too swollen over it.
      July 5, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

No one knows where I am or how to get in touch with me.  They are gone forever.    :  ( 
      July 5, 2018 6:21 PM MDT

its weird. it happened a bit to me when my old friend contacted me in 2016 and i went to his appartment to chill with him... havent been contacted by old friends since then . he hasnt changed... he still smoke weed and do bad stuffs like that
      July 6, 2018 10:33 AM MDT