Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » I've just updated/created a new CV - when was the last time you updated/did a new one? How did it make you feel?

I've just updated/created a new CV - when was the last time you updated/did a new one? How did it make you feel?

Some people update theirs regularly... some even apply for new jobs now and then just to test the market.. Do you enjoy re-doing your CV or does it fill you with dread... 

Mine isn't for a new job.. it's for voluntary positions.. but still.. 

Posted - July 14, 2018

Responses

What's a CV?
      July 14, 2018 6:55 AM MDT

Curriculum Vitae. It's a fancy resume. lol It's used more when people have a long list of achievements or publications. Most people will never need a CV. The only time I ever touch them is when I'm working for people with PhDs. 
      July 14, 2018 1:36 PM MDT

I'm kind of in an odd space because I'm a writer, and mostly freelance at that. It's somewhat rare for a company to ask me for a resume. They mostly want to see my portfolio. I update that with newer samples on a regular basis and redo my resume at least once a year, though it gets adjusted each time I use it. I've recently started toying with the idea of going in-house, mostly because I want health insurance benefits. So, I have resumes that target those types of positions too. I've gotta say, it boggles my mind a bit. Some of what I do is sales copy, so if I can't "sell myself" via resume, nobody's going to consider me for a position. Talk about pressure. :o By now, I have dozens of variants of my current resume.
      July 14, 2018 1:47 PM MDT