Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per Robert Frost Instructor and Flight Controller at NASA. It is unlikely that there is intelligent life anywhere in the Universe. Agree?

Per Robert Frost Instructor and Flight Controller at NASA. It is unlikely that there is intelligent life anywhere in the Universe. Agree?

It seems unlikely to me that there isn't. How many billion trillion galaxies and planets and stars are there in the KNOWN universe? What about the UNKNOWN universe? Why one tiny little nothing planet has such a variety of life among trillions billions of possibilities seems illogical to me. I'm just sayin' we will never know what we cannot know if it is beyond our comprehension due to our limitations. Right?

Posted - July 16, 2018

Responses

• He may be right. We've been searching here for thousands of years and haven't found any.

July 16, 2018 5:29 AM MDT

Maybe we have and don't have the ability to recognize it DA. We don't know what other configuration such  intelligent life forms may take. So we could be surrounded by other forms of intelllgent life and be incapable of "knowing" it. For example we are limited to perceiving 3 dimensions. If there are 10 or 26 whatever exists within them we shall never know since we cannot access it. If someone approaches you and speaks to you in a long-dead language it is useless to you. Unless you understand and can comprehend it's gibberish. I'm inclined to think there are levels of existence all around us but we shall never know about it because we are LIMITED. I read a book called FLATLAND years ago. It is out of print I'm sure. It shows in simple line drawings and speaks about two-dimensional creatures living in a 3-dimensional world and what that world looked like to them. I think that is very likely true of us. We are 3-dimensional. Maybe all the answers to all the questions we could ever ask are found existing there in a 7th dimension or 10th dimension. A lot of good that does us! I'm just sayin' I think it's possible! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      July 16, 2018 6:16 AM MDT

That would be a very sweeping statement to make, and I am surprised a senior NASA officer would do so.

The truth is we have no way of knowing one way or the other; let alone assess its collective development and abilities.
      July 18, 2018 4:11 PM MDT