Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever wear white after September and eat soup during the summer? Are you a seasonal or unseasonal person? Why?

Ever wear white after September and eat soup during the summer? Are you a seasonal or unseasonal person? Why?

Posted - July 16, 2018

Responses

I've never associated white with any one season but I rarely wear white clothes anyway. I still eat soup during the summer, but not porridge for breakfast - that's still a three-seasons thing. But British summers are typically not very hot compared to what you must be used to.
      July 16, 2018 12:47 PM MDT

Thank you for your informative reply Rev. An Answermugger said he'd pass when I asked a question about ice cream. His reason? Ice cream in winter is not his cuppa tea. Which got me to thinking about how seasons shape our lives  foodwise. We eat watermelon in the summer because that's when it's available and tasty. If it were available all year like ice cream is we'd eat it all year long s we do ice cream. Sometimes when I'm feeling kinda puny I crave chicken soup. I make my own and sometimes that is all I'm hungry for. Now when we have hot weather we use air conditioner. So inside the house eating soup is perfectly fine devine sublime when I'm in the mood for it. I guess I over-explained. Apologies! :)
      July 17, 2018 4:47 AM MDT

No apology necessary! It's a long time since I've tasted watermelon - they'll probably have it in the outdoor market this Saturday so I may go and get me some.
      July 17, 2018 1:18 PM MDT

We have some watermelon already cut up in our fridge that's quite tasty. If we were neighbors I'd pop over with a container filled with watermelon for you and your family. Anyway good luck with choosing a good one. I remember decades ago as a kid my dad would thump watermelons with his fingers and listen for a particular sound. Also I remember he could get a watermelon plug to taste. I don't know if that's available any longer. Jim is a very good picker. He thumps them like my dad did but also looks for particular things in the rind. If we happen to get a "lemon" we always return it and either get another one or our money back. Thank you for your reply Rev! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 18, 2018 5:01 AM MDT
      July 18, 2018 5:01 AM MDT