Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many couples do you know who are equally intelligent, good looking with great personalities? Isn't one usually more so?

How many couples do you know who are equally intelligent, good looking with great personalities? Isn't one usually more so?

How often do you say "what does he see in her?" or "what does she see in him"? Maybe that's all that's going on folks. You wonder what the folks who support TGITWH see in him. Gotta be something there we don't see. We know what he sees in them. Deliverance dependability and loyalty.

What is that indefinable something that causes bonding?

Posted - July 31, 2018

Responses

"what does she see in him"? I felt that about a youngish couple I knew once who had recently met on a dating site. It turned out they had a shared interest in pet snakes. Perhaps having a rare or niche interest is all it takes for some people? 

July 31, 2018 12:50 PM MDT

I think so Rev. Excellent observations! Anyone interested in Quantum Physics/SCIFI/FOOD I bond with immediately. Everything else can be out of whack totally but those things draw me in. If we just stick to them everything is hunky dorry. The problem is that getting to them is often hard if not impossible. We start off on a political track and are complete OPPOSITES. When they insult I leave and that's that. Never ever will know  what we might have had in common that pleased us both. SIGH. "Full many a flower is born to blush unseen and waste its sweetness on the desert air". Sad that. Ships in the night! Thank you for your thoughtful answer and Happy Tuesday! :)
      July 31, 2018 2:22 PM MDT