Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » VASS ISS DISS? The Paul Manafort defense team rests its case after calling NO WITNESSES. What kind of "defense" is that?

VASS ISS DISS? The Paul Manafort defense team rests its case after calling NO WITNESSES. What kind of "defense" is that?

Posted - August 14, 2018

Responses

After all that's happened who'd want to be a witness?  They'd end up being incriminated or have their illegal deeds be brought to light as well. 
      August 14, 2018 12:36 PM MDT

The Manafort "defense" team spokesperson said that the prosecution didn't prove its case and so they were going for a mistrial or something. Manafort declined to testify on his own behalf. I wonder where the defense team was during the trial when REAMS of paperwork were brought forth showing PROOF of the criminal activities in which Manafort was a major player. I guess trumpitis is communicable. Just lie and deny and deny and lie and lie and deny and all will be well. What a joke! Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Wednesday! :)
      August 15, 2018 3:41 AM MDT

I guess the theory is that if the defense bring in their witnesses, it will only serve to refresh the jury's mind about all the prior testimony against him.  They probably felt that heir cross-examinations of the prosecution witnesses was sufficient rebuttal.  Happy Tuesday. :)
      August 14, 2018 2:04 PM MDT

A Manafort trial spokesperson said they presented no witnesses because the Prosecution didn't make its case! What a crock! Miles of paperwork backing up what Manafort did. He declined to testify on his own behalf. A dog and pony show to be sure. trumpitis at work. Lie and deny and deny and lie and lie and deny. Don't believe your eyes or ears. What a waste of time and money! Manafort will spend the rest of his life in jail but I think he is banking on a Pardon from the pardon giver unless he cracks and flips. Whatever happens his goose is cooked.  Thank you for your reply L and Happy Wednesday! :)
      August 15, 2018 3:44 AM MDT

That's what I would think (that sufficient evidence was presented), but I guess I will be up to the jury.  I just hope they don't get deadlocked and have to try Manafort again.  Happy Wednesday. :)
      August 15, 2018 7:43 AM MDT

You mean due to a mistrial retrial? Oy vey! Me too sweetie! Me too! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 15, 2018 8:02 AM MDT

Yes.  If the jury can't come to a unanimous or majority decision on this, there could be a retrial. 
      August 15, 2018 2:15 PM MDT

I wonder if there is any limit to how many times one case can be deemed a MISTRIAL? Happy Thursday L! :)
      August 16, 2018 6:49 AM MDT

I'm not sure.  I would think that if a person is not convicted in a second trial, the prosecution would be hesitant to spend the money to try it a third time.  I'm guessing that it might depend on how the jury voting went.  Happy Thursday. :)
      August 16, 2018 9:18 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply L and Happy Friday. Wonder  what tricks TGITWH will do today?   :(
      August 17, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

I'm sure he has something planned.  We'll just have to wait and see. :)  Happy Friday. :)
      August 17, 2018 7:11 AM MDT

Waiting is not my strong suit L! Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 17, 2018 9:28 AM MDT

I hear ya!
      August 17, 2018 1:54 PM MDT

They are looking for that pardon and Mueller's team knows that. That also means Mueller knows that pardon is going to happen also. So, why go through all of this?
      August 17, 2018 2:14 PM MDT