Active Now

Malizz
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I DON'T GET IT! IF YOU DO COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT?

I DON'T GET IT! IF YOU DO COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT?

Darren Beattie, former speechwriter for the don, was fired because he appeared at a white nationalist conference in 2016. The don is white. The don is an avowed nationalist. So are his supporters. Some may be "of color" but they are all nationalists. The don DEFENDED them when they marched at Charlottesville. So what's really going on here? Superficially surfacely it makes no sense at  all whatsoever. Underneath the surface what's happening to cause such a weird contradictory action?

Posted - August 20, 2018

Responses

I think it makes perfect sense.  Why would he want to appear associated with a lot of white nationalists?  They have a right to march like anyone else but why would he want them in the White House?  Don't know anything about any such group but just by calling themselves that they would seem to exclude any Americans of color. A president has to be president of all Americans regardless of color.  So makes sense to me. 
      August 20, 2018 5:41 AM MDT

Perhaps when the WH asked the writer about his partcipation in the protest and did not like the answers. 
      August 20, 2018 5:57 AM MDT

• I can't explain it because I don't understand what your rant is about. If it's about someone losing their job over some perceived inconsistency, ok, if it's about some form of extremist racism, ok. What I'm failing to follow, is the use of the term nationalist/nationalism in a derogatory sense. You can have an understanding of who we are as a people, what our identity and history is as a nation and not be some radical extremist. You can also have a devotion to, or patriotic feeling for our country and not be some sort of criminal. But, since we are busily rewriting the history of the US, it probably goes that those of us who have defended or contributed to this nation's well being are now dangerous despotic zealots. I think that the very small turnouts of these hardcore folks at recently staged events shows that they are not representative of main stream Conservatism. If they were, we'd have been in the streets by the millions. So again, I don't follow you. The same weird contradictory actions can be attributed to the divisiveness of the left. The difference most glaring is that they get a free pass for the damage that they do. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 20, 2018 9:28 AM MDT
      August 20, 2018 6:23 AM MDT