Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Randy D
Thebigd
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How far out on a limb would you go for a friend or family member who was in serious trouble? Would you go the distance, do whatever you could even if it were harmful to you or stay out of it? Why?

How far out on a limb would you go for a friend or family member who was in serious trouble? Would you go the distance, do whatever you could even if it were harmful to you or stay out of it? Why?

Posted - August 17, 2016

Responses

I would go very far out, if need be...but not always.  It would depend on how serious the need and if it was a situation that that person needed to use self-help instead of the aid of others.  If the situation called for it, I would not hesitate to go all the way, even if that meant getting in harm's way.

August 17, 2016 10:50 AM MDT

Depends upon the situation and the person involved. Pretty far under the right circumstances. 

August 17, 2016 12:02 PM MDT

It realllllllllllyyyyyyyyy depends on the situation. But, I want to say that I would do whatever I could do help. 

August 17, 2016 12:20 PM MDT

There HAS to be a lot more to this before I can answer. WHAT family member and what is the back story and how do I come out the other end?  

I took care of my mom for years.   I gave up my whole life to do it.  I was not thanked. I was vilified.  All my intentions were met with suspicion and backstabbing and I stayed and made sure she had everything she could have that it was in my power to give her.  So, where did that get me?  NO WHERE. But if I had to, I would do it all over again.  I was compelled.   I am her daughter and she was a good mother until she wasn't.    There was most of her life when she would do anything for me or my brother.  That went horribly wrong when she got sick and so did her mind, sadly enough.   What I did not count on was the sick minds that were drawn into her web of lies that almost killed me.

But I am still standing and I would have to really love someone a lot to endure anything of that magnitude again.  I would do it for my daughter if need be, but I hope it never comes to that.

As long as it is not harmful to me, I am willing to help out any friend. 

August 17, 2016 12:25 PM MDT

((hugs)) Howdy my friend! Thanks for dropping by! I know that about you elizabeth. You are not a lightweight! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)

August 17, 2016 1:46 PM MDT

You're definitely someone '''d like to have in my corner then Chris! Thank you for your reply CD and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)

August 17, 2016 1:47 PM MDT

That's  good enough for me lovely. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)

August 17, 2016 1:48 PM MDT

Well you started very definite about what you would need to know before you could answer the question. And then you answered the question beautifully Sharonna. Thank you for sharing such a personal bit of your history with us. We appreciate you! Happy Wednesday! :)

August 17, 2016 1:50 PM MDT