Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any cancer survivors out there? Today, after ten years, my oncologist released me and said I'm good to go! Isn't that good to know?

Any cancer survivors out there? Today, after ten years, my oncologist released me and said I'm good to go! Isn't that good to know?

I guess ten years cancer-free is the magic number. She will never have to see me again unless of course some problem arises. But she said ten years of excellent test results pretty much nails it! Excellent blood test results throughout the years and xrays too. "Good to go". They may become my 3 most favorite words! Hope those of you who have gone a round or two with cancer are or will be "good to go" too! :)

Posted - August 27, 2018

Responses

Congratulations
      August 27, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

Merci mon ami! :)
      August 28, 2018 2:45 AM MDT

Wonderful news. I’m happy for you. Congratulations! 
      August 27, 2018 6:35 PM MDT

It was very unexpected. I thought it would be a forever thing. Being tracked and checked and recorded and tested and poked and x-rayed! Who knew there was a light at the end of that tunnel? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! I appreciate it! :)!
      August 28, 2018 2:48 AM MDT

That is wonderful news.  
      August 27, 2018 6:39 PM MDT

((hugs)) I did not expect it m2c. Thank you for you reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      August 28, 2018 2:48 AM MDT

You go girl!!!

August 27, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

Thank you for the nifty graphic and your reply bevo! I appreciate it! Happy Tuesday! :)
      August 28, 2018 2:49 AM MDT

One of my grandchildren---beat leukemia as a teenager.
      August 27, 2018 7:16 PM MDT

I'm very happy to hear that tom. When I was undergoing chemo in 2008 my heart would break when I'd see a youngster hooked up to the chemo. Teenagers sometimes too. I mean I got my cancer at age 70! There is something VERY WRONG when children are affected and afflicted with it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      August 28, 2018 2:51 AM MDT

Congratulations my brave and dear Answer Mug friend.  

You inspire with your grit.

I love how you love life so much and I do love you.

Thanks for being you.

August 27, 2018 10:17 PM MDT

((hugs)) I know Sharon. I love you too sweetie. We are both very strong and very opinionated and sometimes we disagree but SO WHAT? Right? SO WHAT? It was a most unexpected outcome. In fact I was shocked. I thought I was gonna spend the rest of my life being poked and prodded and x-rayed and tested and tracked and examined. I didn't know there would be an end so positive! So of course I had to share it! I hope all is well with you and that we stay in each others' lives until we are no longer! Thank you for your continued friendship through thick and thin. I mean isn't that what friends do? There is an ebb and flow to all relationships and sometimes folks just drift off and that's that. We didn't! GOOD FOR US!  Thank you for your kind reply and the heart! Treasures! Happy Tuesday Sharon! :)
      August 28, 2018 2:56 AM MDT