Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Do the Olympics interfere with your typical sport watching routine?

Do the Olympics interfere with your typical sport watching routine?

I haven't watched a single game of my home team since the Olympics started.

Go Red Sox!

Posted - August 17, 2016

Responses

• Sort of. They moved NASCAR from NBC Sports to USA.
      August 17, 2016 5:51 PM MDT

Hello Some1UMayNo

No, but I don't watch a lot of sports to begin with...

If the Giants or the Niners are doing good, I'll jump on the bandwagon.

I like to go to Giants games just because AT&T park is such a great place...

For me, the Olympics just don't hold the prestige they used to...I have been to friends homes while the Olympics were on. I caught such events like Golfing, Kayaking, Synchronized diving and beach Volleyball....Now as much as enjoyed the volleyball, it just doesn't seem to be in the tradition of Olympic events.

I have always held the belief, whether it has any historic accuracy or not, that the Olympics were tests of servants. Who's servant can best deliver a message by running and perhaps swimming the fastest and furthest, who had the strongest servant, who's servants had the best fighting skills and so on. I do not see where many modern day events fit into this idea...

If it was a choice between watching a Niners/Seahawks game and Olympic Lawn Bowling, well,...do I need to say it...

August 17, 2016 6:19 PM MDT

Not one tiny bit.

August 17, 2016 11:53 PM MDT

I got rid of cable. Just watch movies. All news comes from Twitter and Instagram and subscriptions to magazines. Sometimes Twitter main streams sports news.

I do love sports, so I go to real games.
      August 18, 2016 5:53 AM MDT

Not sports but AGT.
      August 18, 2016 8:43 AM MDT