Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "You can't measure a tree until it's down". So then you can't take the full measure of a man until he dies?

"You can't measure a tree until it's down". So then you can't take the full measure of a man until he dies?

Posted - August 31, 2018

Responses

I can measure a tree quite easily without it being down.  We have tools now.

We have all sorts of tools.

Tools that tell you whether someone is a decent human being and someone who can never be because he is past the point where his sick brain can be restored.  Especially in light of the fact that it was always diseased in the first place. He had a father who taught him to be the KING of everything despite the fact that he earned none of it.  This is what you get as a product of that if the person who is being groomed to be a sociopath also is dumb as a post and cannot ever fathom that he is not the be-all, end-all in everyone's life.

Let daddy pay and let Trump shine despite his hundreds of faux pas and crimes against any legal business laws.

How many bankruptcies?  How many times did daddy bail him out?

The only thing his death will bring is a relief that he can cause no more evil. But I know that kind of  a disease is something that spreads far and wide into the atmosphere, and his evil life and ways will permeate everything just like Hitler before him.

Death can't come too soon for that whole Administration.  9 more weeks to see if we even have a prayer.
      August 31, 2018 10:46 AM MDT

That was said about John McCain Sharon. We won't know the extent of the damage he who shall not be named has done until Mueller gives us all he's got and even then we may never know the depth breadth height of the evil wrought by him and in his name. It will be much more than the 60% of us can bear....the 60% who despise him. The other 40% will die believing in him and that everything negative that was said about him was all fake news witch hunt no collusion. We know that for whatever reason they are lost to us forever more and belong to him. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! :)
      September 1, 2018 4:53 AM MDT

Measuring the height of a tree can be quite easily calculated using a piece of paper and a tape measure. I don't know how to measure a man in the sense you mean.

https://www.wikihow.com/Measure-the-Height-of-a-Tree

This post was edited by Element 99 at September 1, 2018 4:55 AM MDT
      August 31, 2018 4:00 PM MDT

You cannot measure the height of a tree that way unless you dig it up.  Some of it, about a foot (I'm guessing) for every five to ten feet should be about right.
    I'm not watching the tape.  I trust you.  We just see things from a different point of view, but I think we always sort of agree.

And as far as your cute ending with the measure of a man?  I KNOW you are selling yourself short at the price of a funny.

You certainly see people.  You have a warm heart and secretly do not believe you are kind because you see every fault of yours.  You are a perfectionist.    LOL I sound like a Horrscope reading but actually,  I don't remember your sign off-hand.  I am entering Dimentia.

August 31, 2018 8:03 PM MDT

14 Nov. Close to yours. Thank you for the compliment. Your are correct about the entire length of a tree. I looks like you gave me a new research topic. Thanks.
      September 1, 2018 7:47 AM MDT

It was said about John McCain Ele. After his death his friends/family shared many things about him we did not know. Now we do. Thank you for your reply and the link. At one point earlier in our human development we could not measure a tree until it was on the ground. But I don't think the person who said that was referring to trees . Happy Saturday! :)
      September 1, 2018 4:57 AM MDT

Heck, I didn't even know his mother was still alive until you posted a question with her in it.
      September 1, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

We're finding out lots of stuff now. About Aretha too. These folks are usually one-dimensional when you read about them as they go about their lives and do whatever they do. In-depth interviews are few and far between and you don't always get to see,hear,read them. But then they die and you find there was so much more to them then you supposed. Often really splendid things. Like  someone said Aretha either sang with or played for John Coltrane! WHAT? She knew and worked with some of the jazz greats as well as those who were the great soul singers. She gave her last concert shortly before she died. She told the audience she had gotten a really good test report. It was a lie. She didn't want worrying about her as she sang. When Martin Luther King Jr. didn't have enough money for payroll Aretha and Harry Belafonte did an 11-concert tour to raise money for that purpose. She was great friends with so many people in different walks of life. Seems the same is true for John McCain. The especially gratifying things relate to his ability to disagree and remain friends. Something we don't have much of these. Thank you for your brief reply. Sorry for the wordy response! :)
      September 1, 2018 8:00 AM MDT

• There are no sinners in a cemetery. When a man breathes his last, that's when the embellishment of who he was begins. Most men, big and small, are enlarged in death beyond what they were in life. The worst time to take stock of a man or woman is in death. Objectivity is virtually impossible when someone is "martyred". That elevates one to sainthood where there is a blur between the true life of a man and the mythology.
      August 31, 2018 8:33 PM MDT