Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Most public places have washroom for the physically challenged. Should there not be washrooms for the aged, whose capacity of retention is considerably diminished?

Most public places have washroom for the physically challenged. Should there not be washrooms for the aged, whose capacity of retention is considerably diminished?

Posted - August 17, 2016

Responses

• A restroom every 5 feet? This is gross.

August 17, 2016 6:41 PM MDT

They can use the other. An overactive bladder can be considered a disability. It's not like people are going to stop them and say "Hey! You don't look disabled to me!"

August 18, 2016 12:24 AM MDT

• Actually, we have one at Fingal Beach in our shire.

It has everything automated the moment you open and then close the door.

The seat has a range of twelve settings to wash and dry you exactly where, when, and how you like it, with music.

It's so popular that the aged care homes hire buses to transport twenty oldies at a time and they take turns to use it.

Of course, the only problem is the lines waiting.

August 18, 2016 12:50 AM MDT

• LOL! :D

August 18, 2016 12:51 AM MDT

No.  They'll just pee in your shoes.  That's what I do when I get blotto. :-)

August 18, 2016 2:59 AM MDT

• Oh  yes, they do. I've seen it done. Unless one has a clearly visible disability, the staff turns them away. Obviously, who wants to clean up after "normal" persons?

August 18, 2016 11:13 AM MDT

• I've seen toilet bowls with these buttons on the arm rest at a couple of airports, Tokyo for one.

August 18, 2016 11:14 AM MDT