Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What do you think the future will be like in 50 years? "Realistically"

What do you think the future will be like in 50 years? "Realistically"

I won't be here but it would be nice to have the inside scoop on a life my grandchildren and great grandchildren will enjoy. 

Posted - September 7, 2018

Responses

have no idea and i probably wont be here
      September 7, 2018 2:40 PM MDT

America's divisiveness will get worse, leading to increasing mob violence and possible civil war.

Quantum computing will cause a large leap forward, for technology.

China will surpass America as an economic power.

There still won't be mass-produced flying cars. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at September 8, 2018 7:43 AM MDT
      September 7, 2018 2:50 PM MDT

I was hoping for flying cars in my time, too bad. I hope there won't be a civil war. 
      September 7, 2018 3:24 PM MDT

War and famine will destroy most humans.
      September 7, 2018 3:10 PM MDT

Famine, world wide do you think?
      September 7, 2018 3:25 PM MDT

Unless the population drops to 1 billion or less, yes.
      September 7, 2018 3:27 PM MDT

Since I live in America I will focus in our country. I foresee another economic crash. Our government’s spending is out of control. Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are said to be bankrupt within 20 years. We have between one hundred trillion to two hundred trillion in unfounded liabilities in just “entitlement programs”. We’re headed down a path to economic doom.

The political division will only become worse. I see more violence, rioting, and hatred coming. The media is partly to blame for this. Our politicians are partly to blame. Us citizens deserve most of the blame. Rather than working together, remaining civil, and articulately presenting our side we demonize the other side. We are blinded with bias and have too many people with a political party bias which causes them to lose their ability to think critically and logically. It also makes them lose the ability to be rational. I see no signs of improvement, especially amongst leadership and our government. 

Politicl correctness has been out of hand for too long. It’s now used as a tool to silence a certain part of our population. It has exacerbated the problem of the easily offended and thin skinned crowd.

Our universities created safe spaces. This is one of the most detrimental creations to college students. It teaches them they don’t have to acknowledge different opinions or accept them. It teaches them it isn’t okay for a difference in opinions. It shelters them from a cruel world. It doesn’t teach them to handle civil debates, open exchanges of ideas, and it doesn’t teach them tolerance. They shut down conservatives soeakers labeling them as bigots, racists, etc. These students won’t be prepared for the real world.  It breeds intolerance. It hinders students from creating counter arguments and how to think critically. It teaches them their feelings matter more than facts. This is a massive set-up for failure. I see no sign of this improving. In 50 years no one will be able to say anything without offending anyone and setting  them off. No one will know how to disagree, exchange ideas, exchange beliefs, or how to handle being offended and having their feelings hurt. No one goes through life without these experiences. 

I hope I’m completely wrong. Hopefully this is me bing my cynical self. I’m being honest and a realist. This post was edited by Rizz at September 8, 2018 7:45 AM MDT
      September 7, 2018 3:11 PM MDT

You give us plenty to think about that is for sure. Thank you for your comments. 
      September 7, 2018 3:26 PM MDT

You’re welcome. I call it how I see it. I can’t be silent on these issues. 
      September 7, 2018 3:31 PM MDT

Unfortunately, I agree with you on far too many points.  I differ with you slightly on how thin-skinned and easily offended people "will" become.  I think this has already come to pass.  There is nothing you can say that someone, somewhere, will not find offensive.  Civility is becoming a lost art and I see far too many young adults who have absolutely no manners.  I'm almost astonished when someone actually holds a door open for me rather than let it hit me in the face because they're busy looking at their phones.  Parents need to teach their children that while they may be the center of their parents' universe, they aren't the center of the universe.  We all have a need for self-preservation, but absent a threat to one's person, they need to think about others - not just themselves. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at September 8, 2018 8:57 AM MDT
      September 8, 2018 7:52 AM MDT

It’s very likely to be hotter, and dirtier, with fewer species existing to compete for less arable land, and fewer fish in the waters amid pollution and human over-harvesting. 

I am concerned that drinkable fresh water may become scarce and a succession of long-established major cities will fall to ruins, stricken with poverty and starvation, or flooded by rising seas. What food and energy resources remain could become left to the control of only the few prosperous pockets of humanity with the weaponry to hold it. 
      September 7, 2018 3:51 PM MDT

The rising water is definitely something many are contending with now.  Not a rosie future at all.  This post was edited by . at September 7, 2018 7:15 PM MDT
      September 7, 2018 5:53 PM MDT

The US will have splintered into 6 or 7 separate nations.  
    Russia will have expanded to include the former country of China. 
    What was once Korea will be a highly radioactive,scarred piece of land.
    Italy, Spain, South Brazil and  Canada will form an alliance against the emerging superpower Australia. 
    After Pope Jermain II comes out of the closet, part of Vatican City will relocate to the Republic of Cuba.
    Puerto Rico will finally have restores power to 100% of its citizens after Hurricane Maria hit it back in '17. 
    The colony of Trump will be established near the southern pole of Mars.
    Pluto will once again become a planet.
      September 7, 2018 4:47 PM MDT

Wow, I am speechless...just Wow!
      September 7, 2018 5:51 PM MDT