Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In addition to having the skills, intelligence, experience to perform a job well does the color of your skin fit in there somewhere? When?

In addition to having the skills, intelligence, experience to perform a job well does the color of your skin fit in there somewhere? When?

Posted - September 17, 2018

Responses

I’ve never worked for an employer or supervisor who cared about skin color. Skin color only matters to racists and bigots. 
      September 17, 2018 3:53 AM MDT

Yes....I'm 5 feet 2 inches Rosie and could never become a Jamican  Yardie....:( 
      September 17, 2018 3:55 AM MDT

You're petite,sweet,beautiful and very smart D. I cannot imagine that you would be turned down for any job anywhere. They'd probably change the rules for you if height were involved. Seriously. What is a Jamaican Yardie? If a yardie has to be out in the sun all day I wouldn't like that kind of job. I think whatever you do in life being white helps you more than being a person of color. At least in America that's true. Is it equally true in your country too? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you m'dear! :)
      September 17, 2018 4:00 AM MDT

A Jamaican Yardie is a vicious gangster Rosie...  They deal in hard drugs and rob and steal from everyone they can...Mostly they are covered in Gold and drive flash cars ...
    They have Gangs all over America and we have them over here in England too..
    They all originate from Jamacia and colonize anywhere they  can make easy money...
    I'm so surprised you've never ever heard of them...they are a big thing in America ...

September 17, 2018 6:59 AM MDT

People of color with those abilities are very much in demand these days in many companies, including my own, so find themselves in very much a seller's market. 
      September 17, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

The only time the color of your skin should matter is in acting.....a white person should play a white character, a black a black charactor etc.

Otherwise it should only come down to your abilities and experience.
      September 17, 2018 8:00 AM MDT