Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Besides apologizing to Rio for lying and insulting the City what punishment should be meted out to the 4 American Olympic swimmers? Lochte is a 32-year-old MAN. Why was he so juvenile/disrespectful?

Besides apologizing to Rio for lying and insulting the City what punishment should be meted out to the 4 American Olympic swimmers? Lochte is a 32-year-old MAN. Why was he so juvenile/disrespectful?

Posted - August 19, 2016

Responses

Maybe they should be banned from competition for a couple of years. Many Olympic athletes compete professionally for a living. If an NFL,NBA or MLB pro did the same thing they would receive suspensions. College students might lose their scholarships. Alcohol can really mess up a person's life.

August 19, 2016 9:17 AM MDT

Ridiculous jealousy is all, lol. Americans are the best swimmers, Whoa!

August 19, 2016 9:29 AM MDT

Hello there Rosie...

I am both angry and disgusted at what these guys did.

The Olympic games is one of the few events that brings peoples of the world together. . These athletes have the rare privilege to represent our country, they should do with sportsmanship and honor.

What an opportunity these guys trashed. They could have returned as heroes, but now they will return as embarrassments. As if we don't have enough trouble with our image, Thanks guys...

Not only do I think these guys owe an apology to both the People of Rio and their fellow countrymen, I think they should return to face any and all consequences. They should be stripped of any future opportunity to participate in the Olympics.

They absolutely deserve every loss that will come to them. They will not have the memory being part of the closing ceremonies, they will lose potentially huge amounts in endorsement deals. Their medals will not be source of pride, but that of shame...

All that being said, lets see what they do now. Will they continue to avoid the responsibility, as they did when they ran home to hide, OR will they turn this around. They do have another opportunity to show what they can be.

They can be an example of acceptance of consequence, they could return in an attempt to repair their wrongs.

They actually can, with sacrifice, turn this into a positive...

I believe it is not that which we break that defines us, rather what we put back together.

As always, have a great day my friend

August 19, 2016 10:07 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

Lochte ruined his sports career.  But, I'm sure FOX News has offered him a spot..

excon

August 19, 2016 10:09 AM MDT

Hello des:

They have become the embodiment of the "Ugly American". 

excon

August 19, 2016 10:10 AM MDT

Hey there ex....

Not only that, but they have succeeded in taking away the well deserved spot light for those "beautiful" Americans who have competed with honor and dignity...

August 19, 2016 10:41 AM MDT

I agree with you des and I am equally disgusted with those who are defending them. Thank you for your thoughftul and heartfelt reply. I am embarrassed that So-called Special Americans (Olympians) acted so badly and then tried to cover up. Lied about it. I am equally and foreverly disgusted with those who make an apologia for it. Shame on all of them!  :(

August 19, 2016 1:03 PM MDT

Oh  geez! How swell. Maybe that was his goal.  His name is forever associated with dishonorable and Fox News is a good soft place to fall for the dishonorable. Thank you for your reply excon. I am vexed and DISGUSTED with those who defend them. Vexed and disgusted! :(

August 19, 2016 1:07 PM MDT

I dunno Ele but they have disgraced themselves and their country and have insulted the host country. They LIED. To top it off the extrerme disgust I feel is for those who defend them! I cannot believe it but read it and weep. What they did was juvenile and dishonorable and unworthy of Olympians. They have forever tarnished what they accomplished and also tarnished all Americans in the eyes of the world..and justly so. Sad am I. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday!  :)

August 19, 2016 1:11 PM MDT

Have you looked at his bio? Son of a swimming coach. Swimming since he was very young. Has an enormous amount of awards. He still lives with his parents. Looks like his still hasn't had much of a childhood. He hasn't matured.
      August 19, 2016 1:11 PM MDT

If you really believe that I have no idea whom you are BSurf. None whatsoever. If you really believe what you have just written here then I have no way to ever understand or communicate with you. You are defending people who LIED and INSULTED the host country. To cover their a**es for vandalizing a gas station bathroom and being drunk. You attribute the blowback to jealousy? You are really sure about that? I see. You are not the he whom I thought you were. Too bad.

August 19, 2016 1:13 PM MDT

He is 32 years old Marguerite! He still lives with his parents? That explains a great deal. I wonder how daddy dearest and sweet little mummy feel about their boy ? Gadzooks!  :( Thank you for that info and Happy Friday!  :)

August 19, 2016 1:44 PM MDT