Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Education » When watching the Olympics, do you find it really hard to cheer for boastful athletes? At the end of the Womens 4 x 100 relay, Tori Bowie provided a perfect example of how to present yourself in that

When watching the Olympics, do you find it really hard to cheer for boastful athletes? At the end of the Womens 4 x 100 relay, Tori Bowie provided a perfect example of how to present yourself in that

kind of situation, the newscaster asked her what she thought of the race and she said, "I just didn't want to let my team down.  I really love these girls and I really feel like I had the easiest job.  They gave me such a huge lead all I had to do was take it across the finish line."  You hear that and think, "You are a lovely and charming young lady, and  you did more than just take it across the finish line,  your acceleration in that last leg was absolutely incredible."  

At the opposite end, after the Mens 4 x 100 relay, Usain Bolt was talking to the media saying, "I proved to the haters and the doubters that I really am the greatest," and he just came across as so arrogant that you find yourself ignoring the Jamaican team's success and cheering for the Japanese team because the announcer said that they didn't have the same foot-speed as some of the other teams but were incredibly efficient at handling their baton passes.  

I'm assuming this kind of response is fairly typical.  

Posted - August 20, 2016

Responses

I'm enjoying and appreciating every second of it.

August 20, 2016 6:52 AM MDT