Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Sports » What is your favorite Olympic moment?

What is your favorite Olympic moment?

North and South Korean gymnasts' Olympic selfie.

Hong Un Jong of North Korea and Lee Eun-ju of South Korea, both competing in gymnastics,
pose for a photograph together. 
Leave it to a teenage girl to show the world what everything is about. 
And the North Korean flag nestled inside the fingers of the peace sign. Fantastic!

Posted - August 20, 2016

Responses

I love it when someone does well, I like some of the back stories, I don't remember any particular moments because I did not see that much.  I keep catching the girl's gymnastics mostly which always makes me keep watching. 

August 20, 2016 9:46 AM MDT

• The stories of how they got there are usually the ones I get drawn to the most. And when they lead to triumph it's hard to hold back the choking feeling sometimes. Thank you for answering Q.

August 20, 2016 10:22 AM MDT

It seems to me that the entire Olympic scene is an embarrassment. The only story I have heard that is presented as not a total waste was Lake Placid: the venue was turned into a prison after the games!

August 20, 2016 3:59 PM MDT

• I think there's a lot of stories of human commitment, perseverance and triumph that I'm sure would move your spirit if you give them a chance. Perhaps you should. Thanks for answering J. I do appreciate it.

August 20, 2016 4:42 PM MDT

This can't compare to the Mongolian wrestling coach stripping down to his underwear to protest the decision .  Those Mongolians  are a class act !

August 22, 2016 7:33 AM MDT

Jewels....One toke over the line sweet Jesus !

August 22, 2016 7:35 AM MDT

• I haven't heard about that one. Ill look it up.

August 24, 2016 2:26 PM MDT