Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » We have all-girl sleepovers of school and college friends twice or thrice a year. Do men also have similar sleepovers?

We have all-girl sleepovers of school and college friends twice or thrice a year. Do men also have similar sleepovers?

Posted - October 28, 2018

Responses

Yeah and they have roofies and unsuspecting women too.

October 28, 2018 6:47 PM MDT

• What's roofies? 
      October 28, 2018 6:59 PM MDT

I'm glad you don't know.  Those are drugs college age guys like Bret Kavanaugh put in girl's drinks at parties.

They make them pass out so they can take advantage of them.  

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM MDT

• Thanks, but I meant all-male get-togethers. 
      October 28, 2018 7:09 PM MDT

That is the POINT.  They don't get together unless they can snag some babes.
      October 28, 2018 7:10 PM MDT

• Do you really think so? Aren't you being just a bit too harsh on them? Aren't you generalising from some isolated instances?  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 29, 2018 6:12 AM MDT
      October 28, 2018 7:15 PM MDT

Yes but they call them fishing trips, scuba trips,  hunting trips, golf trips, and white-water rafting trips.  They are all great.  The guys get to be out in the great outdoors, drinking and stinking and having a good time with life-long friends.  They never liked admitting it but they loved it when we wives would show up on day two.  Most of these fun times were PK (pre-kids).  
      October 28, 2018 6:48 PM MDT

A man's answer. NO. This post was edited by Element 99 at October 29, 2018 8:47 PM MDT
      October 28, 2018 7:24 PM MDT

Can't get over that!  We had sleepovers but just as teenagers. When friends get together as adults some might stay at the home of one or the other but most find their own lodging.  I doubt men have sleepovers but I know some men do go hunting or camping together outdoors.  
      October 29, 2018 6:11 AM MDT

• As teenagers, and even through college, many of our movements with friends were under strict parental control if we lived with them. In some cases girls found their freedom only after marriage. Of course, thee tighter the controls, the greater the ingenuity to release oneself from them, and some of my friends did cut classes to spend time with boys in seedy hotel rooms. 
    The situation today is very different, and in urban areas a fair number, if not most, get their first sexual experience between 19 and 22.
      October 29, 2018 7:31 PM MDT

I guess I had some idea of that but thank you for filling me in.  But I can't help but wondering how much of the time did you or your friends think about being with boys?  Because once I hit puberty that was mostly what I thought about and many of my friends pretty much the same though perhaps not as much as I did.  Some girls were good in school or pretty smart or had a job or interest that kept them occupied so they didn't think about being with boys as much  which I think is healthier.  Because we need to learn to value ourselves and what we are capable of apart from just being with boys. 

Where I grew up was basically a country suburb of New York City and though some parents were strict most were not so and we had perhaps too much freedom to come and go as we pleased as well as having many material advantages as most of our fathers did well.  So though I was awkward and not pretty I was pretty much just waiting for the chance to have sex and as soon as it came along I was all too eager. I think almost everyone I knew became sexually active before they were 20 and some certainly before I did at age 16.  I often wonder how we got along at all because it seems we were so eager to pair off and risk becoming pregnant even though if you asked most of us we would not have wanted to become pregnant just then but we certainly risked it often enough on a regular basis. Once we had steady boyfriends or serious relationships then we thought about birth control if our boyfriends were not using condoms or anything else. 

Seedy hotel rooms do not sound very inviting! We could not afford hotel or motel rooms as teenagers so it was most often your boyfriends room at his parents home when they were away or otherwise occupied. Or in cars which was just awful!
      October 30, 2018 5:15 AM MDT

sonne nnight, wish i could but noone seenns interested in visiting let alone sleepover
      October 29, 2018 8:21 AM MDT

• Never with guys from school or college, but yes I've ever, just not that often. ;D
      October 29, 2018 8:22 AM MDT