Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once you've been attacked by someone you trusted whom you thought was a friend do you ever feel the same way about that person again?

Once you've been attacked by someone you trusted whom you thought was a friend do you ever feel the same way about that person again?

Posted - November 15, 2018

Responses

Not only do I never feel the same way about that person again, the likelihood is that ends the friendship and I never see or speak to them again.
      November 15, 2018 11:02 AM MST

Me too too sweetie. Mostly. I never reach out at all. If I am reached out to I ignore..mostly. If I engage at all it is always forever more at arm's length because once trust is gone there is no basis for anything of value. I never set myself up twice to be broken by the same person. I may be trusting and naive but I am not stupid. If they do it once they can and might or even will do it again! SIGH. Sad that. :( Thank you for your reply L and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2018 8:13 AM MST
      November 16, 2018 4:44 AM MST

I feel the same way.  Once burned - twice learned.  Hard to trust someone a second time.  Yesterday, we got 6 inches of snow/sleet when they predicted a dusting to an inch.  It took me 3-1/2 hours to get home from work and I live just ten miles away!  I was never so happy to walk through my front door. :)  It rained all night, the wind howled and when I woke up, almost all the snow was gone and the sun was shining.  So, it is a happy Friday.  :)
      November 16, 2018 10:19 AM MST

The east coast really got slammed weather-wise. Apparently the forecasters didn't expect the strength of the storm and got blindsided! Today is a gorgeous California Autumn day. Right now it's 74 outside! Bright and sunny with blue skies and some white puffy clouds.  Kinda great if I do say so meself!  Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2018 4:02 AM MST
      November 16, 2018 2:30 PM MST

I'm happy your weather is so nice.  It actually hit 54 degrees here this afternoon which is about 10 degrees above normal. :)  Weird, but I'll take it.
      November 16, 2018 5:59 PM MST

We are "promised" rain next week. I'm not holding my breath! Well the don is supposedly gonna be here today. An Answermugger said the burned ares are mostly Republican. I had no idea. She posits that's the only reason he will be here  because they're his kind of folks. Whatever. I hope he arrives and leaves very quickly. Not the favorite guy in our neck of the woods! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2018 6:57 AM MST
      November 17, 2018 4:00 AM MST

I'm not so sure about the areas of the fires being Republican.  Seems to me a lot of the Hollywood folks are in Malibu and most of CA is Democrat.  I don't know what he's there to accomplish since he's pretty useless on his best day.  I heard that you're expecting rain, but that's a double-edged sword.  The burned out areas cannot hold much water and it could create mudslides.  Happy Saturday.  :)
      November 17, 2018 7:00 AM MST

This is the northern California fires where the majority lost homes, structures and lives L. As far as I know it is northern California to which he will go and not southern where Hollywood is mostly Dem or Liberal. He is there for the attention and photo ops and pontificating about things of which he is a complete ignoramus which is everything. He is doing it for himself entirely because that is his motivator for every word and deed. "What's in it for me?" sayeth he! Me me me me me me me me me is the only interest of the he who be! SIGH. For how long will he be the main he I do not know. Every minute is a nightmare while he be he out loud in front of everybody. Thank you for your reply L.! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2018 8:08 AM MST
      November 17, 2018 8:01 AM MST

I wasn't sure where he would surface.  My sympathies to the Northern Californians for having to host him.
      November 17, 2018 8:09 AM MST

Me too. I hope they all have gas masks while he is there. All his hot air can't possibly smell sweet! AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 18, 2018 5:18 AM MST

A friend is a friend and friends are few and far between so I value friendship.  If a friend cannot safely attack me then who can?  I am more likely to listen to a friend's attack. 
      November 16, 2018 4:50 AM MST

• I never feel the same about a friend who has betrayed my trust. Recently when said friend's ex husband died, I had to go to the funeral home and face her after not having any contact for over a year.  She was in tears and hugged me eventually alluding to her behavior vaguely by saying "I'm so sorry"  I said I know.  But that was the end of it.  I paid my respects and left .  I just don't think it will be possible to repair the damage. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 18, 2018 4:42 PM MST
      November 17, 2018 8:17 AM MST