Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Why is there such a fuss about Malia Obama smoking a little weed at a concert?

Why is there such a fuss about Malia Obama smoking a little weed at a concert?

She's a teenager. That's what they (and others) do.

Posted - August 21, 2016

Responses

She's supposed to conform to a higher standard. We tend to expect the most out of people and their families. Especially when it comes to families tied to government. Even if they're still people they're supposed to follow the same rules we pretend to follow. 

August 21, 2016 8:10 PM MDT

A higher standard? Smoking weed IS a higher standard, lol.

August 21, 2016 8:15 PM MDT

For some people it is. :)

August 21, 2016 8:21 PM MDT

I haven't read about it.  Not all teenagers smoke weed.  In the District you must be 21 years old to possess weed in a small amount (I don't remember how much).  Did she get hauled to jail or what?  I don't even know how old she is.

August 22, 2016 2:10 AM MDT

August 22, 2016 2:10 AM MDT

" It's the end of the world as we know it"  !!!!!

August 22, 2016 6:16 AM MDT

•   August 22, 2016 6:46 AM MDT

•   August 22, 2016 6:46 AM MDT

She was seen toking on a joint at a music festival. It's been all over the Internet. I believe she's 18, having just graduated from Sidwell Friends and been accepted at Harvard. Maybe not all teens smoke weed, but many do, even at Harvard and other top schools. It was many years ago, but there often was a very distinct odor in my freshman dorm at Cornell. But it's funny, many of the kids doing all the smoking have gone on to highly successful lives and careers in law, medicine, academia, and other fields.
      August 22, 2016 10:29 AM MDT

It is a huge weight to be a role model in the Oval office especially when the title was forced on you.  Every president's daughter/son seemed to have issues since even before  the Reagans.   Poor Ronnie, his kids were more than half hippy.   Chelsea Clinton was an angel but she got it from being "ugly".   Amy Carter just disappeared into the woodwork.  She was smart.  Then there were LBJ's  semi-beautiful daughters.   Linda Byrd and the other one?  I don't remember them too much.    And TRICIA NIXON? VOMIT worthy.

The Bush Daughters had Daddy's love of the booze.   Who else?

August 22, 2016 10:50 AM MDT

I don't know.  I really wish people would leave a politician's kids out of things.  

August 22, 2016 12:04 PM MDT

Because she's the President's daughter.  She's suppose to set a good example.

August 22, 2016 12:10 PM MDT

• Because she's President Obama's daughter, of course. She and her sister were once criticized for wearing casual clothes and yawning in their own home during a televised event that had nothing to do with them. So naturally people would jump on anything they did that was actually "wrong".
      August 29, 2016 4:37 AM MDT

Since when is a teen smoking a little grass at a concert such a bad example? It won't cause any more folks to do it than already are.

August 29, 2016 9:06 PM MDT