Active Now

Echooos
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Does an Internet SIte belong to the one who created it? Does a book belong to the one who wrote it? Aren't users/readers the OWNERS?

Does an Internet SIte belong to the one who created it? Does a book belong to the one who wrote it? Aren't users/readers the OWNERS?

Posted - November 18, 2018

Responses

Oh sure.  

That's like me saying to my mom, well you wanted kids so I have the run of the house.

My mom does the work.  I am on here playing compared to what the SITE OWNER has to do, and the pay is very very bad.

SO, I choose instead to thank the owner and show my gratitude that I am able to use this site for FREE.   I don't get where you are coming from at all here.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 18, 2018 1:53 PM MST
      November 18, 2018 1:52 PM MST

How important is ownership to you Sharon? You design something and patent it and market it and sell a zillion. Does what you invented belong to you or to those who buy and use it? A poet writes poems and publishes them. You buy the book of poetry. Aren't YOU now the owner of those poems? The question is not based on my complaining about anything. It is a philosophical question borne of being very curious about all kinds of things..one of which is ownership. Do you own the car you buy or does the person who designed/created/manufactured it own it? How far does ownership extend? For the life of the product or until someone buys it? I don't own the questions I ask. Once asked they belong to whomever wishes to answer. The principle is the same here. Once a product is on the market how people use it is up to them not the creator or manufacturer or originator. Right? Sometimes folks click and "get" one another and sometimes they don't. Sometimes a cigar is just a smoke and sometimes it's much more than that. I don't know if any of these words help you to understand where I'm coming from. I hope they do. If not I tried. Thank you for your reply and  Happy Monday! :)
      November 19, 2018 3:13 AM MST