Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » An Answermug pal brought up "autonomous" vehicles. I gather he meant driverless. Would you ride in one? Why?

An Answermug pal brought up "autonomous" vehicles. I gather he meant driverless. Would you ride in one? Why?

Posted - November 29, 2018

Responses

No way. Anything mechanical, controlled by electronics, will break down. Now what do you do?
      November 29, 2018 9:38 AM MST

EXACTAMUNDO Ele! It would be like being held prisoner by a drunk on drugs who was blind. Not my cuppa tea. I just wonder how many would drink from such a cup? Not me or thee or others fer shure. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 30, 2018 3:07 AM MST

No.  I wouldn't ride in one, nor would I drive one.  I just am not convinced they are safe.
      November 29, 2018 10:15 AM MST

Me too neither L. I'm not cut out for it. I wouldn't get in a spaceship headed for outer space either. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2018 4:55 AM MST
      November 30, 2018 3:08 AM MST

I've done some crazy things, but I don't think I'd go up in a space ship either. :)
      November 30, 2018 8:49 AM MST

I don't like Ferris wheels either. Especially when they stop and you're at the top. It 's a very long way down! I'm a terra firma gal through and through. Thank you for your reply L.
      December 1, 2018 4:56 AM MST

Haven't been up on one of those in ages.  I'm not big on those kinds of rides.  You can get seriously hurt (or worse) if something goes wrong.  
      December 1, 2018 10:10 AM MST

I've had a fear of heights since I was three. If I'm on a balcony and look down my legs get weak. I can look at a magazine and be sitting down. If I see an aerial shot my knees get weak. Sigh. Thank you for your reply L! :) Years ago at Disneyland there was a bucket ride that took you across Disneyland. When we got out my knees buckled and my date caught me before I hit the ground!. This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2018 2:39 PM MST
      December 1, 2018 12:28 PM MST

So, I'm guessing going up in a hot air balloon or sky diving is out. :)
      December 1, 2018 2:40 PM MST

Yep! Definitely. We see them all the time in Hemet. Jim is always pointing them out to me.  I don't know what folks pay to go up in one but it is and never will be my cuppa tea. HOWEVER I like window seats in planes and have never had a problem looking out and down. Go figger! But looking over the balcony of a third-floor apartment? Fuggeddaboutit! I wonder why there is that one circumstance that doesn't scare me? Oh and you know those swinging bridges across rivers and deep ravines you see? There is NO WAY I could walk across one without having a heart attack! Hope I never have to!  Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 2, 2018 7:31 AM MST
      December 2, 2018 4:26 AM MST

Well, I don't have a problem with heights but I do have a friend in that situation.  We took a hot air balloon ride in Taos, NM.  She was find with it as long as she didn't look down.  She said feeling the floor of the basket under her feet helped.  Perhaps that's why looking out the window of a plane doesn't bother you - you know you're sitting in a seat.
      December 2, 2018 7:33 AM MST

That makes sense L. Thank you for your reply!
      December 4, 2018 7:31 AM MST