Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You cannot change the essence of a cat or rat or brick wall or prez. You accept/reject but you never change a thing. Do you try to anyway?

You cannot change the essence of a cat or rat or brick wall or prez. You accept/reject but you never change a thing. Do you try to anyway?

Posted - November 30, 2018

Responses

"Never try to teach a pig to sing---you'll only waste your time and annoy the pig."
      November 30, 2018 3:18 PM MST

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Geez tom my first laugh of the day for which I thank you. Are you a fan of the MUPPETS? Ever hear Miss Piggy sing?  I hear ya bigly! Thank you for your reply m'dear. I didn't know you were so funnee! :) Many decades ago at Pasadena City College I took a Philosophy class. Our teacher (he was not a professor...It was only a junior college) was a Mr. Hallman. I'm sure he has since passed on. He'd throw out something for us to ponder and then we'd discuss it. One day he asked us to tell him what is the ESSENCE OF A CHAIR? What is it specifically that makes a chair unique singular and something one cannot confuse with anything else? Sounds simple doesn't it? Well we spent the entire time in class trying to figure it out. "A chair is something you sit on" we said. He said "so is a bench a stool a sofa a horse  a bike a motorcycle" He asked if we had ever sat on a table? Of course. Who hasn't? OY VEY! Back to the drawing board! "A chair has 4 legs and a seat and a back" we said. He said "what about a backless 3-legged stool"? Anyway we went on and on trying to define the essence of a chair. Not as easy as we thought it would be. So what is the essence of a human jacka**? Of course you know the specific one I have in mind. SIGH.. This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2018 3:30 AM MST
      December 1, 2018 3:16 AM MST