Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some folks are members of the GREED* IS GOOD gang. They live their lives focused on it and train their kids to covet it. Not you right?

Some folks are members of the GREED* IS GOOD gang. They live their lives focused on it and train their kids to covet it. Not you right?

*GREED

Excessive or rapacious desire esp. for wealth, possessions

A fine lifetime endeavor.  Isn't it?

Posted - December 1, 2018

Responses

I was raised in what would be considered a middle class family.  We had everything we needed and got what we wanted for birthdays and Christmas.  Everyone in my neighborhood was in the same situation.  Few of us had anything more than anyone else so I am neither greedy nor materialistic nor covetous.  I don't begrudge anyone having more than I do because I have enough to keep me happy.  
      December 1, 2018 11:01 AM MST

I begrudge those who have more than they or their family will ever need in a million lifetimes but still work very hard to prevent others from having what they NEED TO SURVIVE. Are all obscenely wealthy people SOB's? Of course not. Bill & Melinda Gates have signed up over 100 Billionaires who have agreed to leave the bulk of their fortunes to charities. They are exemplary human beings. Noblesse Oblige describes them to a T. They do not set up a phony foundation named for them to falsely and fakely pretend to give the money they rake in to charity themselves as some do and are being sued for having done it. Does the name TRUMP ring a bell? I begrudge the folks who are getting fatter in body and brain (fata** and fathead) because of their greed on the backs of those who are dying because they are being begrudged survival by the fata** fatheads. I do hope there is UNIVERSAL JUSTICE in operation somewhere out there and that the GREEDY will be at the receiving end of it! SIGH.  Thank you for your reply L!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2018 2:41 PM MST
      December 1, 2018 12:18 PM MST

I agree with you that having more than any person would need in a lifetime but not helping those in need is the epitome of selfishness.  That universal justice of which you speak is called karma. :)
      December 1, 2018 2:42 PM MST

If and only if you believe in reincarnation L. Do you? Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 2, 2018 4:45 AM MST

I don't believe in reincarnation.  Karma can find it's target at any time. :)  Happy Sunday. :)
      December 2, 2018 7:30 AM MST