Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I wonder if rapists keep track of their "conquests"? Or murderers? The more you "do" the better you get at it?

I wonder if rapists keep track of their "conquests"? Or murderers? The more you "do" the better you get at it?

Makes sense. Practice makes perfect. The more you lie the better you get at it. Stands to reason unless you are stoopid. So more is better less is not. I wonder if the joy of the kill or the rape or the murder or the beheading or the dismembering or the lie ever wears off or is it always a thrill? SIGH.

Posted - December 5, 2018

Responses

Some do.  Total psychopaths keep treasures and trinkets of their acts.  Pictues, underwear, jewelry.  It helps to recall the excitement and thrill of the rape or kill.

Others, like probably Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby do the exact opposite.  They deny the rape so vehemently that they really believe they did nothing wrong.

I'm sure Cosby is in jail railing at the moon for the injustice.  He thought he was so powerful in that fake personna that no one would ever believe the truth.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 5, 2018 5:50 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 5:47 AM MST

If Cosby had been a known slime bag as is the john of don it would not have created a single raised eyebrow. The problem is the reality of Cosby was so far off the mask of him we all had. Carefully wrought and shaped. BUT A LIE! Even his wife conspired to protect him. She is also a piece of trash in my opinion. So if you know what people are you just shrug and say "good" and move on and think nothing about. But if you were conned you feel embarrassed and it's hard to get over it. All the years I admired him and thought he was a good person. I just bought the lie . SIGH.  Thank you for your reply Sharon. I'm more angry at myself for falling for it than I am at him for being a slime bag creep. This post was edited by RosieG at December 5, 2018 6:17 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 5:53 AM MST

Exactly.  We idolized him as a role model.  That is the biggest betrayal of all by a man who never even considered what an honor it was to be honored by honorable people who admired him for qualities he did not possess.

Why be angry?  You trusted in your heart for him to be as kind and honorable as you were hoping for.  We are starving for heroes in this world and he would have been a great hero, LIKE OJ, if it were not for the fact that he could sway and lie to everyone who trusted him for years.

Who you should be mad at are the people who covered for him and Harvey.

Those are the ones who are just as guilty as they are.
      December 5, 2018 5:57 AM MST

They are lower than low. The perp is sick. Crazy. Wacko. But those who cover up for him and protect him know better. They are sicker because they KNOW better and it doesn't matter. I dunno. I guess it's way better to give folks the benefit of the doubt and expect good and be fooled than to mistakenly think all folks are bums and scumbags and not trust anyone. Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      December 5, 2018 6:20 AM MST

Of course.  To be too jaded is also a flaw.   It is better to trust, but when the evidence is mounting, my trust starts to crumble and my fingers go to the research bar.  My eyes go to the trusted in the media that report things accurately.

Those who have a REPUTATION that they hold dear.  

I trust Bob Mueller.  I trust Bob Woodward.  I trust Rachel Maddow.  I trust Elizabeth Warren.  I trust Bernie Sanders.  It is very easy to know who to trust.  Their reputations preceed them.

I trust Hillary Clinton.   Despite all the invective and lies she has had to deal with, she still stands strong and proud.  

I trust Barack Obama and Michelle.  

I trust those who earned my trust.
      December 5, 2018 6:26 AM MST

Me too. I trust all those whom you mentioned as being truthtellers. Now are they perfect? No. But they do seem to me to be truthtellers as they see it with the information they have available to them. More than I can say for most other pols. I trust KAMALA HARRIS and ADAM SCHIFF. Both Californians. Kamala was our Attorney General first before we elected her Senator. She is very smart and hones in on the core of an issue. Adam Schiff will finally be able to do something as Head of the House Intelligence Committee. That a**hole Nunes did nothing but to literally kiss the a** of the john of a don 24/7. Worthless. January 3, 2019 can't get here fast enough. With all the red state pols pretzelizing themselves to strip power of their replacements and do as much damage as they possibly can while they still can, much is going to have be repaired.  Bas**rds. Sabotaging our political methods. Sabotaging everything that made being an American something in which to take pride. A pox on their houses! Thank you for your reply Sharon! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 5, 2018 6:34 AM MST
      December 5, 2018 6:33 AM MST