Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » We all have things that offend us. Do you criticize people for being offended? Does it depend on what they're offended by?

We all have things that offend us. Do you criticize people for being offended? Does it depend on what they're offended by?

It's often I hear people complain about others being "offended", as if it's a fault to be so. At the same time, those doing the criticizing will inevitably have something that offends them, and when it comes up, they wouldn't to be criticized themselves.

Are some people simply TOO offended? Or is it more about the things that offend them than it is about how often they're offended?

Posted - August 23, 2016

Responses

I get offended.  I get why people feel that way.   What I don't get is people trying to pose as offended or be offended when they don't even understand what the heck they are offended by. 

That is offensive.

August 23, 2016 12:07 PM MDT

• It is true that some are too quick to take offense, and perhaps they don't know why they feel the way they do. 

August 23, 2016 12:09 PM MDT

I think a lot of people don't like being offended by people that have been offended because the offense usually doesn't match the offended to begin with and those without offense end up being offended by those who were un offended to begin with.

August 23, 2016 8:25 PM MDT

Great question. No I don't get offended. If I can learn something that is great. Then they are doing me a favor right? If not then we have mutual respect to disagree. I enjoy a challenge, and I love to grow. If it is a boss or someone with more knowledge and If I stand corrected I just say "thank you for the great advise".

August 30, 2016 11:22 AM MDT