Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » To what extent do you allow your personal partisan political views determine who deserves your respect and who doesn't? WHY?

To what extent do you allow your personal partisan political views determine who deserves your respect and who doesn't? WHY?

Doesn't that make what you do/say/think ALL ABOUT YOU? How not? A soldier who puts his/her life on the line for this country gets my respect. I don't give a rat's a ** if he/she is a trumpican or a Republican or a Conservative or a Martian. That is a separate issue which has no place at all in determining whether or not someone has earned and deserves respect. It is illogical and also heartless in my opinion.

Posted - December 27, 2018

Responses

I cannot tolerate anyone who sticks up for TRUMP.  Not at this late juncture.  I could barely stand them when he was running, but this is beyond my comprehension.  I am sickened by anyone who stands behind this jerk at this late date.

I don't feel sorry at all for any of them.  They are getting exactly what they deserve and unfortunately they are dragging the rest of us down with them.  This is why the deplorables are intolerable.

December 27, 2018 6:51 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon.
      December 28, 2018 7:35 AM MST

To no extent. To disrespect someone just because they have differing political views, knowingly or unknowingly, sends a message that your political views are superior and that you are somehow superior because of them. I see people right here in AM that have that type of attitude. Personally, I try very hard to give the respect due to a person regardless of their political views, my political views, and even if they have no respect for me or anyone else. :)
      December 27, 2018 8:56 AM MST

I have ZERO respect for those who support locking up children( who were separated from their parents) in cages and kennels or making them live in tents in the desert. ZERO. Do you ru? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday.
      December 28, 2018 7:36 AM MST

First of all, your question was not about the supposed locking up children in cages and kennels, it was about respecting others. It's your right to do and think whatever you wish. Having said that and back to your question of respect, for me, as a Christian, I look at things and try to live my life the way Almighty God intended for me to do.

Philippians 2:3  "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves"

1 Peter 2:17  "Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king."

This passage in 1 Peter encompasses four major areas of my life, teaching me that, as a follower of Christ, I should respect all men, other Christians, God, and governmental authorities. To respect everyone, believers must be conscious that God has created all people in His image, regardless of whether they believe in Christ. We should show them proper respect and honor because their souls are of more value than all the wealth in the world.

Is it always easy to show proper respect? No, it is not but who am I to make suggestions to God on how He needs to change His Word because I sometimes find it difficult to follow.
      December 28, 2018 9:29 AM MST