Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » ATTENTION WEALTHY SUSHI LOVERS. $3.1 MILLION was paid for ONE 613 Lb . Blue Fin Tuna. Got the bucks to try it?

ATTENTION WEALTHY SUSHI LOVERS. $3.1 MILLION was paid for ONE 613 Lb . Blue Fin Tuna. Got the bucks to try it?

Kiyoshi Kimura, owner of the Sushizanmai chain of restaurants bought it at the new TOYOSHU market in Tokyo. It will be served at one of his restaurants. What it will cost I dunno. A bit rich for my blood plus which I don't even like sushi. If you do and have the money and happen to be at or near that restaurant what would you be willing to pay? How far does one 613 lb blue fin tuna go after you discard whatever is inedible?

Posted - January 6, 2019

Responses

damm .. 3 millions for a single giant fish.... 

January 6, 2019 12:39 PM MST

I know franc. I thought it must be real nice to live in that strata of society that you could plunk down so much for so little. But I expect his customers pay through the nose anyway and some are so rich they can afford to pay whatever the traffic will bear. It's the world we live in. At least it's for food. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday!  :)
      January 7, 2019 2:01 AM MST

I noticed the internet says today that the buy had some regrets about his purchase.  (I didn't read the article behind the headline yet.)
      January 6, 2019 12:40 PM MST

He said he thinks he overpaid! Ya think? I think his customers are very wealthy and they will be fighting to get a taste of that pricey sushi so they can brag about it. Anyway as I said to franc at least it's for food. Something benign and legal. Not hush money or paying an assassin or planning a revolution! Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Monday! :)
      January 7, 2019 2:04 AM MST