Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can a no-end-in-sight gubment shutdown co-exist with a robust healthy economy simultaneously or does something have to give?

Can a no-end-in-sight gubment shutdown co-exist with a robust healthy economy simultaneously or does something have to give?

Any way to figure out what effect/impact the shutdown will have? It can't be a good thing, right? How bad could it be if it extends for months?

Posted - January 16, 2019

Responses

• Government is famous for dragging down ANYTHING that's healthy or robust. not just an economy. 
      January 16, 2019 10:39 AM MST

No it can't.

Besides having thousands of people out of work (not contributing to the economy), it creates a negative "feeling" (what if...?).  This, in turn, can make the stock market unstable (as we have already seen).  Which, in turn, may cause companies not to hire more employees and even cut back on the ones they do have (got to watch that bottom line).  which in turn can cause people to stop spending (what if I lose my job?).   And so forth and so on.

January 16, 2019 11:09 AM MST

Well the Putin puppet is famous for his obsession with big large enormous humongous and his gubment shutdown is all of that and so much more. When will he declare war d'ya think? SIGH. Every day this seems to be getting weirder and more peculiar. And still you have the Putin puppet lovers defend him and put all the blame for this mess on anyone but him. It used to annoy me. Then anger me. Then puzzle. I am all tapped out. Maybe the Putin puppet adoring worshipperes are an alien species in which case that would explain everything. I think I shall ask that question Shuhak. Thank you for your reply! :) SGH.
      January 17, 2019 2:13 AM MST