Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Real Estate » Do you/have you ever flipped houses?

Do you/have you ever flipped houses?

Posted - January 18, 2019

Responses

no but I have
    flipped off some bad drivers...haha
      January 18, 2019 12:28 PM MST

• I've been chased down for that, just never caught. xD
      January 18, 2019 12:31 PM MST

yeah...I need to be nice
    thanks for the reminder...instant Karma.
      January 18, 2019 4:36 PM MST

I have flipped a few of these.

January 18, 2019 1:03 PM MST

• They at least have one thing I've never had, a chimney. :P
      January 18, 2019 1:05 PM MST

No, but I write for the industry. I have actually considered trying it, but since I have no handyman skills, I'd have to pay people to do all the work and that aspect worries me. I can't even get projects done around my own house. 
      January 18, 2019 1:14 PM MST

Too late in the cycle, the low hanging fruit has already been picked
      January 19, 2019 1:35 PM MST

It's not too late. Before home values were climbing so much that you'd have to really screw up not to be able to cash in on that alone. Now they're leveling out, so you can't rely on that, but it's still a good field. Serious rehabbers can still find foreclosures and properties with fire/ water damage. The people I know who have been in it a while switched focus. Inner-city rehabs are a big thing now- finding a single distressed property, ideally with a lot big enough to divide. Multi-family properties are big as well. There's a bigger focus on going into neighborhoods that are kind of on the cusp of being ok, and then fixing up/ upgrading the apartments/ duplexes. That's what's happening out by me anyway. I mostly cover AZ, CA, and TX. It's big enough in my area that there are still investors coming in from other states and countries. 

I think if I were to do it, I probably wouldn't flip though. I'd buy a duplex or something to fix up and use as an income property- either get long-term renters in it or Airbnb it. But, I'm really not good at hiring handyman. My current home is a serious testament to that. D:
      January 20, 2019 11:02 AM MST

No, I'm not that strong.
      January 18, 2019 2:04 PM MST

• I have not. I actually find those shows to be extremely annoying, so I can't watch them either.  lol sorry. 
      January 18, 2019 4:01 PM MST

About 11 time times to be exact,  The low hanging fruit has been plucked and what is now out there is absurd.  A fool and his money are soon parted and so it is with those who are following any of these get rich schemes
      January 19, 2019 1:37 PM MST

Ooh. I missed your answer before I gave mine. I do know people who are still successful in the biz though. 
      January 20, 2019 11:04 AM MST

• YOU flip faster than real-estate! xD
      January 27, 2019 8:10 AM MST

There is a retired deputy sheriff in my county who had over 400 rental units. He didn't sell them off for profit, but still owns them, I think. Gee, a millionaire deputy.  
      January 19, 2019 1:58 PM MST