Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Though they run faster and faster do hamsters know they are going nowhere? I wonder if the boss knows that about the wall and all y'all?

Though they run faster and faster do hamsters know they are going nowhere? I wonder if the boss knows that about the wall and all y'all?

Posted - January 22, 2019

Responses

Border Wall

“There Is No Endgame”: White House Aides Fear Trump Has Turned the Border Wall into His Alamo

“The president put himself in a box” as Trump tries to fight his way out, his new chief of staff already eyes the exits, and Giuliani worries about Mueller’s possibly “horrific” report.
    January 8, 2019 11:42 am

Trump surrounded by microphones
    Trump speaks on the South Lawn of the White House.
    By Alex Brandon/AP/REX/Shutterstock.

Eighteen days into the standoff over his $5.7 billion wall-fence-barrier, Donald Trump is rolling out his heaviest weapons: a prime-time Oval Office address tonight and a visit to the Mexican border later this week. It’s the president’s personal Alamo. Inside the West Wing, Trump has told aides he’s prepared to stake his presidency on making a last stand. “He has convinced himself he can’t win re-election in 2020 unless he gets a lot of the wall built. It’s fundamental to his id,” a former West Wing official said. “The problem is, the Democrats know that.”

Trump’s aides fear he has given himself no way out. “The president put himself in a box,” the former official in touch with the White House told me. “The problem is there’s no endgame. Right now the White House is at a seven on the panic scale. If this thing goes on past the State of the Union they’re going to be at an 11.” Another prominent Republican close to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell described Trump’s handling of the shutdown as “total fucking chaos.”

January 22, 2019 1:39 PM MST

I think "the boss" is doing precisely what he intended to do all along. Stop the investigations by defunding the intelligence agencies. Now he couldn't do that only but he can hurt everyone and make it seems he wasn't targeting anyone. I see right through him. My opinion of course.
      January 23, 2019 5:24 AM MST