Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Games » Were you ever the main person in charge of a contest that had a high-value monetary prize or award for the winner(s)?

Were you ever the main person in charge of a contest that had a high-value monetary prize or award for the winner(s)?

If so, would you ever do it again?

~

Posted - January 24, 2019

Responses

• I’m not sure what you would consider a ‘high-value monetary prize’. 

I was on a recreation committee at my place of employment for several years. Every other week, day after payday,  I would sell 50/ 50 tickets to  co-workers. It would usually raise an average of $500. Half of that going to the winner of the draw, and the other half going to Rec. club funds. 
    Not sure if I would do it again. I loved getting paid to walk around and socialize for a couple hours every other week, and getting to know people in other departments. But I didn’t love all the arguments that came with what we should use the funds for.
    The funds  were usually used for prizes for parties or office lunches, and everyone had an opinion on what those should be whether they were in the Rec club or not. That was annoying as’. 

January 25, 2019 9:41 AM MST

Thank you.  Sounds completely illegal to me.  I'm going to send a couple of detectives over to speak with you. If you know a good attorney, now might be the right time to make a phone call . . .

January 25, 2019 11:10 AM MST

• Oh great, you’re THAT guy in the office who complains that it’s ‘gambling in the workplace‘ and ruins the fun for the rest of us. I see how you are. ;)
      January 25, 2019 11:18 AM MST

I'll need a full confession from her, Officers, and I'm not too particular as to how you get it..  (Wink, wink.)

~ This post was edited by Randy D at January 26, 2019 7:23 AM MST
      January 25, 2019 11:25 AM MST

• I just handed over last weeks pull from the 50/50 to the supervisor. I’m sorry to be the one to inform you, your services will no longer be required with the company. 
      January 25, 2019 11:33 AM MST

I got it all on tape for the District Attorney's Office.  You never suspected that I'd wear a wire for them, did you? Well, your loss is my gain: they're dropping all the charges against me in the SandwichGate Case in exchange for getting evidence that will help convict you.

~
      January 25, 2019 1:08 PM MST

• Fine, you win this round. But this only gives me time to plot out my revenge. 
      January 25, 2019 5:02 PM MST

I've already paid off the corrections officers to arrange a few conjugal visits.  You won't be thinking revenge after a few doses of Randy Candy.

~

January 25, 2019 5:20 PM MST

• OKAY THEN, I FORGIVE YOU!! I guess we’re pretty much engaged now then...

January 26, 2019 6:17 AM MST

Nothing but a $100 football pot. ;)
      January 25, 2019 3:45 PM MST