Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do cigarette smokers really help degrade the planet by leaving non -biodegradable plastic filters everwhere they smoke?

Do cigarette smokers really help degrade the planet by leaving non -biodegradable plastic filters everwhere they smoke?

Posted - January 25, 2019

Responses

• yeah it's almost like there isn't public trash cans all over the god damn place 

and when there just happens to not be one with in 10 feet? put it in your pocket 
      January 25, 2019 12:11 PM MST

I have honestly not seen a plastic filter for ... so many years I can't recall.
    But I see the piles of cigarette butts where people dump their vehicle ashtrays.
         I guess they don't want the smell in THEIR garbage, but figure everybody else wants to see the pile of garbage in the parking lot.
      January 25, 2019 2:30 PM MST

I have much more concern for the scads of cig butts that continuously wash into our global waterways. 
      January 25, 2019 2:39 PM MST

• Sorry to disappoint you, but I smoke 4 Aces, no filters.
      January 26, 2019 8:15 AM MST

• When I smoked, I never tossed my stuff in a parking lot or onto the street, etc.     I am more concerned about idiots on the roads that toss their lit smokes out the window, which has been the cause of so many fires out here, I can't keep count.  It makes me sick.   Even as a former smoker, I don't believe in banning smoking although I know many people wouldn't mind.     As for plastic filters, I never see those. I haven't come across anything like that in ages.   I walk around my neighborhood here quite often with a bag, picking up the litter, mostly left by the careless garbage men after they've emptied the cans.   I miss the old days when one garbage man would drive the truck and another would be walking nearby, picking up garbage and lining the cans for the driver to pick up.     It's not just the garbage men though, the neighbors here are freakin' slobs, some of them.  Cigarette butts, I rarely see in the hood here, it's mostly other trash.  Still though, it frustrates me.  I have neighbors who come out while I am walking around, thanking me for picking up everyone's $hi**.  Instead of thanking me, perhaps they should grab a bag and help!   Sorry for my rant.  I am over-caffeinated.
    Sorry, my answer is I believe we ALL help to degrade the planet in one form or another.  All of us. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 26, 2019 9:31 AM MST
      January 26, 2019 8:41 AM MST

• No! It's OK man It's cool. Just don't be like the self immolating lawyer in central Park NY who wrote a note about us all being poisoned by our environment..Mojo Bad!
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 27, 2019 8:34 AM MST
      January 27, 2019 6:05 AM MST

They certainly aren't making things any better.
      January 26, 2019 8:47 AM MST