Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » She is BEAUTIFUL. He is INTELLIGENT. Does either word need a modifier like "very"? Is VERY beautiful more beautiful due to the very?

She is BEAUTIFUL. He is INTELLIGENT. Does either word need a modifier like "very"? Is VERY beautiful more beautiful due to the very?

How many words do we use that have no real value? She is pregnant. She is VERY pregnant. WHAT? He is EVIL. He is VERY EVIL. How does "very" ever matter? He is stupid dumb. He is VERY stupid dumb. See my point?

Posted - February 11, 2019

Responses

If someone is attractive, they can be beautiful.  If someone is attractive to the extent Elizabeth Taylor was, she is very beautiful.

Not too hard to understand that one.

If I plot and plan ways to make you miserable, I am evil. If I carry out ways by driving to your house and stalking you, I am very sick and very evil.  If I should physically harm you, I am VERY VERY evil.  LOL

If you are six weeks pregnant you are pregnant.  If you are nine months pregnant, maybe you can be described as very pregnant.  

So, I do not hate "very".

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 11, 2019 4:44 AM MST
      February 11, 2019 3:33 AM MST

Who invited "HATE" to the conversation Sharon? T'was not an invite extended by me. The question has zero to do with hate. It has everything to do with the use and value of words. Are they all always necessary? Does their inclusion reduce confusion or add to it?   Thank you for your reply. You cannot be a little bit pregnant or a whole lot. You are or you are not. I guess I dwell in the world of simplicity. :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 11, 2019 4:29 AM MST
      February 11, 2019 4:29 AM MST