Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do Christian Scientists still refuse to take their kids to doctors and when the kids die they say "it was God's Will"?

Do Christian Scientists still refuse to take their kids to doctors and when the kids die they say "it was God's Will"?

Why did God invent doctors if not to save lives?

Posted - February 14, 2019

Responses

• I know nothing about Christian Scientists. I do know that God operates through the venues of medical technology. God is able to use this knowledge to perform healing just as He is able to use His ability for the spontaneous and miraculous. We are supposed to have the good sense and powers of reason to understand this. My faith hasn't been diminished by any dependence I've had on the practice of medicine. I've been to the edge on two occasions in the past twelve years. Each time my faith has increased and has been reinforced as God used the proxy of physicians to perform His will. I'm grateful for the medical teams that worked diligently each time. I'm even more thankful that all good things flow from the Throne of Grace. 
      February 14, 2019 2:53 AM MST

I agree with thee DA. I believe God gave me this brain and expects me to use it. If that includes questioning HIM at times I think He understands full well and doesn't mind at all. Did He tell me that? Not in so many words but why make me the way I am and then expect me to ignore it? That makes no sense at all. But surely you have read about parents who refused to take their kids to a doctor and were maligned because the kids died. Which brings up another question which I shall ask. I think a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Walking in lockstep in mobs/gangs following a man-made craven evil ideology is beyond stupid dumb and that is currently our biggerst problem. SIGH. IF ONLY people would use what God gave them but no they'd rather just roll over and let some corrupt evil wackadoodle crackpot think for them. Go figger! I think that is an insult to God personally. Thank you for your reply and Happy Valentine's Day Thursday! :)
      February 14, 2019 3:03 AM MST

• I've heard of such people my entire life, including the Christian Scientists, but I've never spent any time investigating their beliefs and actions. So, what I know of them can be put on the head of a pin. However,I think their ideas about the useful application of medical knowledge to save lives, is in error. While I have the floor, I'll take the opportunity to wish you a happy St. Valentine's Day. Enjoy!
      February 14, 2019 9:01 AM MST