Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The more questions you ask and answers you get the clearer things should be. Right? They aren't. They get fuzzier and muddier. WHY?

The more questions you ask and answers you get the clearer things should be. Right? They aren't. They get fuzzier and muddier. WHY?

Posted - February 15, 2019

Responses

Not only do you have to ask the right questions, you have to hope that only the people that know the right answer will actually provide it.

With the necessity of having to "respect" even the worst opinions posted on here, anyone who asks a question on here may wind up being seriously mislead.
      February 15, 2019 11:06 AM MST

I laughed when I read your first sentence. I only hope for civility. I dare not hope for more than that. All things considered I am very often VERY LUCKY because of who responds.  As for getting crappy answers. Well ya know I have this kinda antenna that reacts very badly to bullsh**. I don't take any credit for it. I think it was inherited from my mom and dad. I only want to hear things that MAKE SENSE. Now I don't always agree with it but if it is at least LOGICAL I will always be OK with it. Sadly logic is MIA in politics almost always and with the gasbag gubment there is absotively posilutely nothing logical about it. Which is why I continue to point it out. Sadly those who answer with civility don't always provide answers. Those who ALWAYS provide answers sometimes use the canned propaganda dished out by their political party. Open can and serve. That's it. That drives me around the bend further than I was and is never helpful. They parrot bullsh* propaganda none of which is ever based on LOGIC. So anyway I keep asking because I am seeking reason, common sense and that which is easy to follow because it is based on LOGICAL thinking. Easier said than done although I do luck out more often than not. Maybe I was born under a lucky star? I dunno. SIGH. Thank you for your reply tom!  Oh. Just a minit. No one told me I had to respect even the worst opinions. Is that in the rules and regs of being here? In that case I've been a very bad girl. I don't reply to the worst-case providers of gibberish. i don't even read any of it because I know who they are and what they're gonna bring so why bother?. One man's meat is another man's poison. What makes sense to some to me makes none. Pointless to engage in conversation with the setup being like that. So I don't.
      February 15, 2019 11:22 AM MST

Probably because very few things in life are "black and white".
    Even black and white movies were shades of grey.

Is Batman good or bad?
    Well ... he's better than the bad guys in many ways, but just as bad (or worse) than them in others.

I liked how the Batman vs Superman movie addressed all the damage Superman caused with his super-fights.

Anyway, few questions of involving human actions have solid black or white answers.  And even scientific answers have to take into account the growing knowledge we have, which may change previous perceptions we had.
      February 15, 2019 2:10 PM MST

I agree that humans are very adept at justifying rationalizing excusing explaining why what they do is absolutely good right fine correct. That doesn't mean I hafta buy it Walt. There doth exist ABSOLUTE right and ABSOLUTE wrong and ABSOLUTE good and ABSOLUTE bad. Now can I list them all for you? No I don't think so. Can I give you a few examples. Sure. Glad your asked.

Torturing and raping and murdering children is Evil Bad Wrong. So is doing that to anyone
    Lying about an innocent person to do harm damage  to him/her is evil bad wrong.
    Cheating old folks who may not be aware of what's going on is evil bad wrong.
    Hating anyone because of skin color is evil bad wrong.
    Betraying people who trusted you with their innermost secrets is evil bad wrong providing that they are good and not evil themselves.
    Being a traitor to your country and selling it out for money or due to hatred is evil bad wrong 
    Being a whistleblower can be a very good thing or a very evil thing. This one depends on what it is.

Anyway I am not telling you anything you don't already know. It's easy to say morality depends upon the social climes of the times but we know there are evils that are always evil no matter what kind of spin you put on them. I know there are varying shades of gray. It's complicated. Thank you for your reply Walt!
      February 16, 2019 4:58 AM MST