Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Tastebuds can be PERVERTED to prefer junk food. Brains/minds can be PERVERTED to prefer junk thinking. Which will kill ya faster?

Tastebuds can be PERVERTED to prefer junk food. Brains/minds can be PERVERTED to prefer junk thinking. Which will kill ya faster?

Posted - February 18, 2019

Responses

Junk attracts junk,  I guess.  If you have a mind that likes junk food, you don't think as clearly as you would if you ate clean nutritious food.

If you have a perverted mind you like perverted things.  
      February 18, 2019 9:50 AM MST

That makes a lot of sense Sharon. If you have a very cluttered mind your home and car and office are probably very cluttered too. I like neat and orderly. I can't think if everything around me is chaotic. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 19, 2019 7:59 AM MST

That's actually kind of backwards. It's not a perversion. Our brains and taste buds work the way they do by design. We're programmed to like things that are fatty, sweet, and salty because it once ensured the survival of the species. Most of our thought processes are ingrained in us for the same reason. 

Given the diversity of the items in question, it could be either or. A bad diet will usually take decades to impact a person. Unhealthy thought processes could result in immediate death or take a lifetime. One never knows. 
      February 18, 2019 9:57 AM MST

This is interesting, but tastebuds and the brain can be perverted by additives in food.  They promote cravings that cause the body to malfunction.  That is the basis for all diseases.
      February 18, 2019 10:01 AM MST

Not really. That's the body doing what it naturally and normally does. It's supposed to crave those things. A perversion would be if the body was not already primed and designed to. While food manufacturers can hijack that system, which could bee seen as a perversion, we prefer junk food by design. Malfunction from excess consumption is also by design. 
      February 18, 2019 11:49 AM MST

You do know you can reprogram taste by starting babies and toddlers and infants out on very nutritious food? By offering your little ones carrot sticks and apples and whole grain bread isntead of fast food and white berad and candy and other sweets? So that when given a choice the child will choose what he is familiar with. Carrot sticks over candy. It is true JA. Parents control the food coming into the house. They control what children eat UNTIL the children go into the world. If they have been raised to PREFER the taste of carrots rather than chocolate candy that is what they will opt every time.  But if parents let their kids eat candy at will, feed them fried foods and salty crunchy empty calorie  "food" of course that is what they will prefer. Just as a parent can teach his child TO READ before he goes to school (my son was reading at the age of 3) so too can a parent TEACH a child what foods to prefer. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thy. This post was edited by RosieG at February 19, 2019 8:58 AM MST
      February 19, 2019 7:14 AM MST

That's true. repeat exposure to a food and parents eating a specific food can condition a child to prefer that food. However, my initial comment is still accurate. Preferring junk food is not a perversion. That is the natural condition. 
      February 19, 2019 9:01 AM MST

If what you say is true then I believe humans are born perverts! I think of liking crap as a perversion. You say it is natural and normal and inbred/programmed/ubiquitous. I disagree. I think it is inimical to the breed and need not be manifested or indulged in any way. That's why parents who care better do better because they know better. Shame on me. Whaddya gonna do? It is what it is. Isn't it? Thank you for your reply JA. This post was edited by RosieG at February 19, 2019 9:07 AM MST
      February 19, 2019 9:06 AM MST

"Junk" is easier.  

Training one's taste buds is no easy task.  It takes time, effort, and willpower.   In other words - discipline.  It's much easier to not train them and simply eat whatever tastes good.  The same goes for "junk thinking".  It's easy to "think along with the flow" than to think for oneself or to "think outside the box".   That kind of thinking takes effort and few people want to put forth effort.
    Just like junk food, junk thinking is poisonous.  Junk food poisons the body by giving tasting good but having no nutritional value.   Junk food eaters grow fat and lazy.  Junk thinking poisons the mind in the same manner as it provides no "mental nourishment".   Junk thinkers grow complacent.  Some may even become "fat headed".
      February 18, 2019 10:37 AM MST

Every word is very true and therefore I agree with you...verbatim Shuhak. I think if you are a person who is controlled by his/her mind or brain if you prefer it is much easier to retrain tastebuds. If you are controlled by your emotions I think it may be impossible to do. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your thoughtful answer! :)
      February 19, 2019 8:01 AM MST