Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you are an emotional person chances are you yo-yo diet unless you were born SLENDER. Can emotional folks switch gears?

If you are an emotional person chances are you yo-yo diet unless you were born SLENDER. Can emotional folks switch gears?

Can they let  their minds/brains take over control and put aside their emotions?

Posted - February 19, 2019

Responses

I guess in part I was born slender because I never dieted or really consciously exercised until oh 20 years ago or so.  Now I need to eat lighter as well as exercise to keep the pounds from accumulating. I guess I am emotional enough but I would say it is discipline, self-discipline, that makes the difference. 
      February 19, 2019 8:38 AM MST

Thank you for your reply og and Happy Wednesday to thee.
      February 20, 2019 3:25 AM MST

Yes, I m a VERY emotional person.  {I'm also an empath; so no only do I have to deal with my emotions, but the emotions of other people as well. - a double whammy!}

Technically it is possible, but it is extremely difficult; and one can never be sure they are 100% in full control (meaning it can reemerge at any moment).  Some emotional people are never successful at controlling their emotions - even with therapy (like me).   Note - being an emotional person is not a bad thing.  It simply means they are wired differently.  

February 19, 2019 5:10 PM MST

There was an EMPATH on a sci-fi TV show years ago. I believe it was Star Trek but I'm not certain. She felt everyone's joy and pain and I thought that was a terrible gift to have. Same thing with those who can foretell the future. I'm not sure why some folks seem to be gifted with special insight but I do think that too would be a terrible gift to have. I have enough problems with my own emotions. Taking on those of others and feeling them to the same degree? I don't have the right stuff to do so. Do I feel sorry for some folks? Sympathy? Of course. But empathy? I dunno if it's possible for me. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. This post was edited by RosieG at February 20, 2019 9:51 AM MST
      February 20, 2019 3:28 AM MST