Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Catholic teen accused of racism etc against Native American suing Washington Post over false narrative. Can he win?

Responses

• I think there is definitely grounds for a libel suit but I don't think he stands a chance of getting the full amount of damages he is suing for.  
      February 20, 2019 8:13 AM MST

I not sure about the damages. But it is always good to start high. 
      February 20, 2019 3:30 PM MST

• Well I read a little more about it and more than likely $200 million will be thrown out immediately because apparently the lawyers didn't send a notice of retraction to Wapo in a timely enough manner before filing suit.  They can avoid the punitive damages simply by offering a retraction.  Maybe that's all the punitive damages are hoping to do, who knows.  

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1098261305616728064
      February 20, 2019 3:58 PM MST

No

Guess why?  No one cares any more.  That atrocity was last week or so.    We are too busy shaking our heads over what the President is doing currently this day.   McCabe was fired because the Inspector General backed Trump.  That report was not like anything that was legal. Let's talk about that.

Who cares about this?

February 20, 2019 8:35 AM MST

It maybe in the past for the media but a law suits take time.
      February 20, 2019 3:31 PM MST

I don't know. I think it a waste of time and effort and resources and money and anguish to go to law.  I've just accepted the fact that to a lot of people I am now a "racist" because I won't do along with their costly social engineering schemes.  Let them label me so - for me it is what God thinks that is important, not a bunch of people eager to make themselves feel better by denigrating others.  
      February 20, 2019 8:42 AM MST

Fair enough but your real name is not out there on the internet be slandered. 
      February 20, 2019 3:32 PM MST

• No, he stands no chance. However, if I were a lawyer, I'd handle the case for free (including the appeal).
      February 20, 2019 12:45 PM MST

This type of case would be handled with no fee unless there is a settlement. His lawyer supposedly has a history of success with this type of case.
      February 20, 2019 3:34 PM MST