Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Should the Empire actor be charged with attempting to incite a riot?

Should the Empire actor be charged with attempting to incite a riot?

Jussie Smollet claimed to have been attacked by masked men wearing red hats. Who shouted racial, homophobic slurs. And "this is MAGA country".

In an interview, he was upset that the incident was not caught on video. (The camera was facing the opposite direction)

It is being reported that he faked the whole thing.  He picked the site because there was a camera there. We all know if there had been video of this hoax. There would have been riots in the streets of Chicago. 

Should it be a charge or just filing a false police report?

Posted - February 20, 2019

Responses

I think he needs to pay the Chicago Police for all the work they've done to get to the bottom of it. I don't think going to jail will help him. He needs to be in a hospital because he's terribly disturbed. 

February 20, 2019 4:08 PM MST

I agree he should pay for what he cost the CPD. But I do not believe he is disturbed. I believe it was for publicity and his hate of President Trump. He has an album being released in a few weeks.
      February 20, 2019 5:02 PM MST

I didn't know about the album. I really don't know anything about him other than he's a liar. 
      February 20, 2019 5:10 PM MST

I had never heard of him before either.
      February 20, 2019 5:14 PM MST

He was charged with felony breach of the peace (disorderly conduct) due to that.  Other charges as well. 
      February 21, 2019 12:53 AM MST

Thank you I had not heard that.
      February 21, 2019 4:14 AM MST