Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The care and maintenance of a horse and buggy (transporation way back when) would not apply to a 2019 Lamborghini. Why?

The care and maintenance of a horse and buggy (transporation way back when) would not apply to a 2019 Lamborghini. Why?

True. Both reflect a means of transportation. But that is all they have in common. Nothing else is relevant at all. So why is it that the BIBLE stays the same when everything around it has changed dramatically and drastically? How can it apply to what it didn't even know would exist futurely?

Years ago when I was a kid my folks bought an encyclopedia set called The Book of Knowledge. Each year we would get a volume UPDATING what had been written before and also including what was new. Where are the BIBLE updates? How can one block of "information"  thousands of years old never change and still pertain to all that is new? Does that make sense to you? Why doesn't God INSPIRE current clerics to update the Bbible IN HIS WORDS? He could do that. Why doesn't He?

Posted - March 3, 2019

Responses

Because you don't have to worry about cleaning up afterrwards.
      March 3, 2019 6:29 AM MST

Ever hear of oil leaks Sharon? Thank you for your reply.
      March 3, 2019 6:55 AM MST

Ok Ok  but the oil doesn't fall very far from the car and we don't need a whole stable and acres of yard for them to dump their excretia.

March 3, 2019 6:57 AM MST

True dat.
      March 3, 2019 10:33 AM MST

Don't lie, don't steal, don't murder, don't covet, don't commit adultery, no idols, honor your parents, keep the Sabbath holy, Love God, don't use Gods name in vain. 

Love your neighbor. 

What needs updated?

March 3, 2019 6:50 AM MST

The Book of Genesis, Book of Exodus, Book of Leviticus, Book of Deuteronomy, the Gospels. I could go on, but the point is made. 
      March 3, 2019 7:31 AM MST

Those are history books telling us what happened....what is to update?
      March 3, 2019 7:33 AM MST

Those are legends and myths, most of which are have no corroborating account in the historical record and/or have been discredited by actual research.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 3, 2019 9:54 AM MST
      March 3, 2019 7:37 AM MST

Actually, much of the Biblical history has been documented in archeology. 
    A person can choose to disbelieve or not but does not change facts. 

March 3, 2019 8:04 AM MST

No, not much really. There are precious few facts that support the Bible, particularly the Books I mentioned.
    There is, for example, no archeological (or historical) evidence whatsoever to support the Exodus, the Noahide Flood, the Tower of Babel, or the existence of Christ. The Bible even contradicts itself about details of the Creation and the Nativity. 

You can choose to believe, or you can follow the evidence. Belief is a choice, a fact often omitted by those who teach belief. What faith one believes is usually a product where they were born and what their parents believe, not an intrinsic insight to natural reality. This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 3, 2019 9:54 AM MST
      March 3, 2019 8:12 AM MST

Archeological evidence for Exodus found in Jordan Valley 2017-2018.

There is a tablet in the Smithsonian supporting the existence of the Tower of Babel

There are historians who mentioned Jesus in the documents.

King David was said to be a myth along the lines of King Author. Until the evidence was found.

But yes, everyone will choose what they wish to believe.

March 3, 2019 8:39 AM MST

TOWER OF BABEL
      March 3, 2019 8:46 AM MST

You're so obsessed with Trump that you bring him up even when the question has nothing whatsoever to do with him. You must secretly be hoping that he gets re-elected so you will continue to have something to post about.
      March 3, 2019 9:54 AM MST

Yes.  We covered this.  In 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and today.

So.   I am obsessed   What do you call your continually pointing it out? 

When he gets unelected, I may either talk about him even more, or ignore him entirely.  I have that luxury now.  The luxury of choice.

What will you do if I stop?  Oh yeah, follow Randy around and correct people's grammar.  Ok.

I think you are right, Stu.  I am losing it.  I posted this in answer to someone mentioning the tower of Babel.  I think I may have mis-posted.    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 3, 2019 11:49 AM MST
      March 3, 2019 9:57 AM MST

:):):)
      March 3, 2019 10:35 AM MST

Interesting then that the Israeli Archeological Institute, having spent huge sums and over twenty years searching in the Sinai and Egypt, uncovered nothing relative to an exodus, much less the presence of any population Hebrews in Egypt, prior to the Minoan culture, 1400 years later. The Isreali archeologists have in fact, dismissed the entire exodus story as fiction. 

The tablet allegedly referencing the Tower of Babel is familiar to me, it merely provides a vague, tertiary rendition of an old Sumerian (polytheist) legend, which does not match the Bible story.

Aside from (St) Paul, whose accounts are at best uneven, and not written during Jesus’ lifetime, not one known contemporary historian in the time of Jesus ever mentioned him by name or deed. Not one. This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 3, 2019 12:39 PM MST
      March 3, 2019 9:13 AM MST

No, it doesn’t make sense, particularly when Bible claims are regularly being discredited by science, only to have the clerical sect conveniently re-interpret what was once called “inerrant“ as merely figurative, to insinuate their beliefs into modern discoveries. 

Good luck awaiting God to update the Bible, as all available evidence points to the book being a rather strenuous accretion of earlier legends and myths, entirely of man’s own conception. Given what is contained within, the myriad contradictions, arcane “laws”, historical inaccuracies, the derivative, bogus and unsupported fantastical claims, it is implausible in the extreme to allege that an all-knowing Creator of the Universe could or would have dictated such a flawed and primitive treatise in the first place. 

It might give pause to consider why and how clergy has so thoroughly manipulated the dissemination of scripture for their own ends, and how they’ve pigeonholed themselves to be unable to correct or update the Bible because it is held to be inerrant in its current form (whichever retranslation you hold as the true inerrant form, that is).
      March 3, 2019 7:27 AM MST

Because the bible was written by human beings on earth, not some mythical guy sitting up in the sky.
      March 3, 2019 8:28 AM MST

Point taken. Thank you for your reply StuSB ( oh my goodness...that is way too close to Stu SOB. Perhaps you should rethink that moniker for your future sanctity and sanity. I'm jes sayin' a person lesser than I might just exploit it for a very nefarious reason!) Happy Sunday to you Stu.  See how nicely that rhymes? We do not need any reminder of your obsession with spelling now do we? Really? SIGH. This post was edited by RosieG at March 3, 2019 11:50 AM MST
      March 3, 2019 10:39 AM MST

True enough. LOL.
      March 3, 2019 11:51 AM MST