Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Regarding S-hole countries: What has TRUMP done for us regarding GANG infiltration in the cities in America? What about HERE???

Regarding S-hole countries: What has TRUMP done for us regarding GANG infiltration in the cities in America? What about HERE???

Gangs in the United States include several types of groups, including national street gangs, local street gangs, prison gangsmotorcycle clubs, and ethnic and organized crime gangs.[3] Approximately 1.4 million people were part of gangs as of 2011, and more than 33,000 gangs were active in the United States.[4]

Many American gangs began, and still exist, in urban areas. In many cases, national street gangs originated in major cities such as New York CityLos Angeles and Chicago; they later migrated to other American cities such as Philadelphia and Miami.

or are they part of TRUMP's VERY FINE PEOPLE? 

Posted - March 11, 2019

Responses

Regular law enforcement agencies routinely infiltrate gangs to stay ahead of them. Otherwise they are a fact of life. People naturally band together for their own aggrandizement and protection and unfortunately many of them commit crimes for which they are subject to arrest and prosecution.  Which they very well know.  There are a lot of things wrong and I think best to ask ourselves what are we doing about them.  Otherwise we tend to view our presidents job as only to do our bidding.  We don't like something we say hey pres fix it and then go back to sleep.  Not a good or helpful attitude. 
      March 11, 2019 8:18 AM MDT

No they don't.  Obviously  you are in a nice cushy gang-free area.

White gangs are less covered by the media, and less punished – even though 53% of gang members in Mississippi are white

by Donna Ladd

Main image: Benny Ivey retired from leading the Simon City Royals in central Mississippi in 2008. Photograph: Imani Khayyam for The Guardian

Thu 5 Apr 2018 06.00 EDTLast modified on Thu 5 Apr 2018 15.36 EDT

Shares

When he was 13, three white teenage boys beat Benny Ivey. They aimed for his chest as his back pressed against the wall of his friend’s house in Florence, Mississippi. The skinny blond adolescent had to show he was tough enough to become a Black Gangster Disciple.

It was 1989, the height of the crack era, and many white kids wanted to join black gangs that did not welcome them, so they initiated each other into home-grown copycat versions.

Ivey lived in a trailer park, and the thought of wearing the gang’s colors – black and blue – made him excited to be part of something beyond his chaotic family.

None of them knew the first thing about being in a gang, and yet many kids lusted after it, even some who “lived in nice homes with their families”, Ivey says now. Others grew up like he did: the child of poor crack and opioid addicts, ripe to be ensnared by a world promising brotherhood, loyalty and respect.

Ivey’s future was not in a black organization, however – it was in one of the oldest and largest white gangs in the US, the Simon City Royals.

“A lot of us were raised in the pits, and that’s where almost all gang life begins,” he says.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 11, 2019 8:25 AM MDT
      March 11, 2019 8:20 AM MDT

We reside in an upscale country suburb but we have gangs as well.  The few young people who choose to relate to them think that is the way to live and that is the kind of lifestyle they most prize.  Others find other more positive ways of relating to the world.  Right many people get a real sense of belonging and fellowship which is valuable enough to them they are willing to go along with what the gang expects of them.  Including many young people who grew up in upscale suburbs but who have no taste for the kind of life presented to them in growing up.  Much as I ran away to San Francisco at 17 because I didn't think I had any hope of making it in the way I grew up!   And don't forget I grew up in New Jersey and were plenty of gangs in the cities to the east of us. But for me San Francisco was the more romantic option.  Has basically nothing to do with color although organizations may have understandings based in part on color. 
      March 11, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

What would be a local issue. A good start would be to get rid of sanctuary cities. Trump has tried to do that. 

March 13, 2019 8:28 AM MDT